OBS pedal stick issue?

Moore

Feb 12, 2012
Maryland
anyone ever have this happen in their obs? Its happened to me 3 or 4 times, I'll be driving on the highway or whatever then I'll take my foot off the gas and ill hear/feel my truck keep accelerating and the pedal feels like its pressed a little and I'll have to kick it up to get it to stop

Okay so it's happening more and more now, I'll be cruising at 70 or so and then I'll feel the pedal lightly depress and it will stick unless I hit the brake, hit the pedal again or kick the pedal from behind. It sort of acts like it's on cruise control when this happens, not accelerating but not slowing down. I'm hoping this can't progress in to something worse, or that anyone knows wtf is going on? lol

My use to hang up bad mostly at low speeds. I sprayed the throttle body and it helped a little. The next thing I'm going to try is a new throttle cable

My obs used to do this on occasion, never really looked into it but it felt like the cruise was set, it would speed up and when i hit the brakes it would quit

Is that why its your "old" Cherokee

no, the fact that I blew the motor is why it is my old cherokee. long story short, engine bay at one point caught fire, it never ran right after that, it lasted about 6 months afterwards. Leaving my gf's (now wife) the first time I had ever been there, shit blew on the highway, my bday night too!