OBS brake issues

I love learning stuff and love being able to say I did something; but sometimes I gotta draw the line. All I have is a small floor jack, 2 small jackstands, and basic hand tools on a rock driveway. For $300 I can have a pretty well known suspension shop around here install everything in a couple of hours and align it.

If its as easy as yall say, maybe I'll set a date for a Saturday and start a thread and post every step I'm doing and y'all can guide me along. Then we could sticky it for others who are retarded like me.

Fuckkk thissss truckkkk.

New problem. When I brake at 35mph+, the truck swerves right, rather abruptly. Did some googling and a few said it could be caliper or hoses that are failing; but a lot were saying rear wheel cylinders. Which were replaced last weekend along with a fluid exchange. Guess I'll jack up each corner in the morning and see if I can tell any difference between each wheel when brakes are applied. One thing I am concerned with is a few people saying that a fluid flush can dislodge gunk inside of a caliper and cause it to fail.

This truck is the devil.

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to learn how to bleed brakes. I'm not taking it to a damn shop again. This is getting expensive. I'll check everything in the morning. Some people are saying the drivers side caliper is hung up and needs greased. That would be best case. Worst case is I put new calipers on it then learn its a brake line. Which is generally my luck when I diagnose things.

Its odd because when I brake, it swerves right, then straightens up. Its not a constant pull. Just a millisecond. Its like the right side is braking early or the left side braking late.

Theres alot of issues with calipers dragging after being releases we see on the front of trucks. The Bracket on the spindle rust and squeezes the brake hose, Inturn, when released it take a lot longer for the fluid to draw back. I just get in there with 2 screw drivers. and pry it open, the hose should move freely inside. Its a free and easy thing to do while your in there

Thanks man. I'll look into that when I tear it apart. Woke up with the stomach bug that's been going around. Fuck today.

Called the shop that did the rear brake work. They said it could be air in the line, the cylinders need adjusted, calipers, or tie rod ends. I told them to call me after they check and before they do any work. If its calipers or tie rod ends, I'll do it myself. They want $450 to put new calipers on and the parts aren't but like $80. I'll do it myself.

Last edited: