OBS 5.7 TBI upgrade ideas?

Chris.G.Jr.

Apr 29, 2012
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
I am looking for some opinions on what to do with my OBS (95 chevy silverado z71 4wd) 5.7 motor. Just looking for motor mods, reason i posted in performance, not sure what all to do to get some performance as well as a little better mpg out of it.

have to figure out what egr piece is throwing my service engine light on, either solonoid or switch not sure and dunno how to test them other then get the code checked again.

151k miles

Looking to get exhaust soon due to rusted out muffler,

Thinking maybe headers (not sure either longtube or shortys), exhaust of course, and an intake, for at least now.

If theres any other good things to do without completely tearing into my motor and building it for performance id really appreciate input.

opinions, suggestions welcome.

Thanks guys

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

Air raid makes a good spacer and caisson iirc. Def go with long tubes. MSD coil is actually an upgrade. Cap/rotor with brass terminals. Tbi chips.com is the place to go for a chip. I'm sure more will come to mind. Been 5 years since I've owned one

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Air raid makes a good spacer and caisson iirc. Def go with long tubes. MSD coil is actually an upgrade. Cap/rotor with brass terminals. Tbi chips.com is the place to go for a chip. I'm sure more will come to mind. Been 5 years since I've owned one

hmm now that im hearing suggestions of longtubes maybe that can be justification as to why i want true duals or i could just get longtubes y piped to highflow cat (or delete the cat) and go to the si/do muffler then run it out how i want......oh now the indecisiveness in me comes out!

know of any reputable or reccomended sets of longtubes? hooker, headman, flowtech etc

Yep. Plus no decent exhaust shops in the area that I know of. Buddy knows of a good one in Claremore that I'm going to when I get the exhaust redone on my Ford.

I wish le internet would make up their mind on gen iii swaps, some people say its near impossible and some people say its stupid simple

I would not invest any money for mods in an OBS motor. When I had my 2door that shit went right out the window for a 6.0 swap, which I never got around to doing and then sold the Tahoe. But my mind was made up quick after the price of parts, and what little power was made. It will take you so much money to equate the stock power alone in a newer 5.3. You are better off with a 5.3 and bolt ons, or a 6.0 with exhaust.