No radio after alt swap/big 3(4) install

Cleanoh4

Aug 27, 2013
NJ
I replaced my alternator with a 200a one today and figured why I was at it, I'd do the big 3 as well. I ended up doing 4(bat-alt, bat-block,bat-frame, block-frame.
Ok so all done, go to turn my truck on,(fired right up) and my pioneer avh won't turn on at all. It was working fine this am before and now nothing.

Truck runs and drives fine. Cig lighter and 12v port all have power. AC/fan work.
Neither the head unit fuse or GM radio fuse are blown. I held the power button on the radio.

I'm lost and don't know what to do next.

Suggestions?

04 silverado 5.3

Sent using Tapashit

Last edited:
You check the fuse in the back of radio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yeah, both that and the factory fuse are good.
I'm wondering if something is either grounding out or not making a good ground. But other than block-body I didn't change(read add) any lines to existing spots. I'm gonna hit everything with the multimeter and voltage detector and maybe swap back in the factory radio just to see if it works

Sent using Tapashit

You have luck like mine

Hopefully your luck goes like mine just did then. Was just pulling random fuses and went back in the cab to get something and le radio had life again... No idea why, I didn't replace any fuses or really do anything.:shrug:

Sent using Tapashit

was gonna be a long ride in 2 weeks with no radio lol

Yeah it would've been, that's for sure. Hell the 5 minute drive from my parents house was annoying.(likely bc it was off not by my choosing)

Sent using Tapashit

Hopefully your luck goes like mine just did then. Was just pulling random fuses and went back in the cab to get something and le radio had life again... No idea why, I didn't replace any fuses or really do anything.:shrug:

Sent using Tapashit

I keep looking at my broken wheel hoping it will magically not be broke anymore but it hasn't worked yet :lol: