Rjsk04

Oct 18, 2014
Thanks, I wasn't aware that parts stores read codes for free, I had a reader but I left it in the toolbox of my old truck when I sold it. I've been running it pretty hard all day to run the cleaner through the system and it hasn't gave me a problem all day thankfully, I'll be going to get the codes read as soon as possible tomorrow though.

Rjsk04

Oct 18, 2014
Just got home from work and pulled the ecm fuse and the negative cable off for 15 minutes and drove it around for a few minutes, no light and it's been on since the day I bought the truck (6 months).

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
it can take quite a long time for the light to come back on especially the one for the cats mine stayed off for 2 weeks and then came back on....

Samuel6731

Cant Get Right
Mar 11, 2012
New Roads La.
Thats bank 2 sensor 2. Which mean its the passenger side downstream o2 sensors its on because you modified the cats. However, thats not your problem.

The issue is by you undoing the cables and clearing the ECM from all DTCs you also erased the code it may have thrown during the time the truck was acting up. The o2 code came back because its modified but you're probably going to have to wait until the truck starts to act up again and give you issues to throw any codes related to that again. You shouldn't have erased the codes.

BTW if your going to undo battery cables, the theory behind waiting 15 mins to hook back up is to let all power from all systems and panel drain. Quick way is to remove both negative and positive off the battery and touch them together. It causes a direct ground for all stored power... then reconnect.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

My advice... Keep driving the truck. Do not run any more fuel additive.
If the issue comes back read the codes and report back. If you have any new codes it will help us pinpoint an issue that may not be fueling related before you drop 300+ on a pump

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
BTW if your going to undo battery cables, the theory behind waiting 15 mins to hook back up is to let all power from all systems and panel drain. Quick way is to remove both negative and positive off the battery and touch them together. It causes a direct ground for all stored power... then reconnect.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

:themoreyouknow:

Rjsk04

Oct 18, 2014
Thanks, feel pretty stupid now for erasing the codes now. Luckily it's running good now, idles with no hesitation and the pump is makin no noises out of the ordinary so hopefully I won't have to deal with replacing it too soon.