Samuel6731

Cant Get Right
Mar 11, 2012
New Roads La.
Answering from for sale thread..............

If your running this intake your trying to make more power obviously, emissions, smell, MPG, and performance shouldnt be in the same sentence.
Evap simply takes vapors and puts them back in the intake to be re burnt. A common issue with NBS truck is that the evap systems has minor problems and needs repair. Its been nothing but a headache for me. So when I did my intake swap I took it all off. Behind the block agaist the fire wall i cut the line, and on top the intake where the solenoid goes i just threaded a screw in it to plug it off. I then used HP tuners to set it to not show CEL.
So what i meant by that was is that you do not need it if you do not want to run it, dont want to mess with it, or having trouble with it.

Also I didnt notice any smells but then again long tube headers without cats doesnt smell great anyway.
Check my UC thread and you can see where I threaded a screw into the nipple to plug it off.
Its just another option for those who have thoughts about not running it.

Low01silveradO

Nov 27, 2012
Answering from for sale thread..............

If your running this intake your trying to make more power obviously, emissions, smell, MPG, and performance shouldnt be in the same sentence.
Evap simply takes vapors and puts them back in the intake to be re burnt. A common issue with NBS truck is that the evap systems has minor problems and needs repair. Its been nothing but a headache for me. So when I did my intake swap I took it all off. Behind the block agaist the fire wall i cut the line, and on top the intake where the solenoid goes i just threaded a screw in it to plug it off. I then used HP tuners to set it to not show CEL.
So what i meant by that was is that you do not need it if you do not want to run it, dont want to mess with it, or having trouble with it.

Also I didnt notice any smells but then again long tube headers without cats doesnt smell great anyway.
Check my UC thread and you can see where I threaded a screw into the nipple to plug it off.
Its just another option for those who have thoughts about not running it.

I did the same. Stock 6mm bolt with the tapered tip fits great in the intake and then I capped off the line coming from the truck with a thread protector and hose clamp

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
Bump this. What size injectors do these intakes come off nbs trucks with? Flex fuel 36's? Anybody know what size the stock nbs 4.8's are?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
So it seems for 99-02 if you purchase the intake with the rails and injectors, you need to use the corvette filter/regulator and the 4 bolt to 3 bolt throttle body adapter. If you wanna run nnbs injectors you need the pigtails and a retune, but do the 99-02 injectors work? Need a retune if using original injectors. Then the map sensor, which do you use? 99-02 or NNBS. I imagine if you use the nnbs you need a retune

Oct 16, 2011
SoCal
99-02 injectors should swap right in, afaik they didn't change the style on them from 99-07c (Shorter/taller). I used my 05 map sensor....just swapped the orings on it. The 99-02 map sensor is same as my 05, just slap urs on the nnbs intake

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
99-02 injectors should swap right in, afaik they didn't change the style on them from 99-07c (Shorter/taller). I used my 05 map sensor....just swapped the orings on it. The 99-02 map sensor is same as my 05, just slap urs on the nnbs intake

Wordd. I haz no monies fo your intake rn just asking questioons for de future, thanks fo da helppp

Samuel6731

Cant Get Right
Mar 11, 2012
New Roads La.
iirc

nnbs flex fuels are 36#
tbss are 31ish#
nnbs non flex are same as nbs 22-23#
8.1L non marine (i have) 32#
8.1L marine 42#

again This is off top my head

Fiesty

Jul 28, 2013
Kansas City, MO
So it seems for 99-02 if you purchase the intake with the rails and injectors, you need to use the corvette filter/regulator and the 4 bolt to 3 bolt throttle body adapter. If you wanna run nnbs injectors you need the pigtails and a retune, but do the 99-02 injectors work? Need a retune if using original injectors. Then the map sensor, which do you use? 99-02 or NNBS. I imagine if you use the nnbs you need a retune

They way I did was easier and cheaper. I used my stock 99-02 truck fuel rails and injectors. I cut up the fuel rail crossover and welded an AN fitting on each side, then got a braided fuel line with fittings to use as a new crossover. You'll also need spacers to use ur stock fuel rails. I'd personally run a 92mm aftermarket throttle body (FAST, Nick Williams, or Edelbrock) since there's more power left on the table, instead of running an adapter. With this method you don't have to fuck with corvette filters for the return fuel system.
No offense but I prob wouldn't bother doing a TBSS intake on a stock 4.8.

Here's the write up I used though. 99-02 ONLY http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/tbss-intake-99-02-a-459296/

Last edited: