NNBS grill replacement..

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
Help me figure some things out.
Trying to change up the look of the front end of the truck.
As it currently sits.
f6ee880c.jpg

I've already purchased the Denali lower valance and grill as pictured below (not my truck), however I'm trying to figure out which upper grill to go with.
30d6bd57.jpg

Should I go with the regular Denali grill? Let one slip by as I didn't have the money at the time and having trouble finding another.
8e7ed794.jpg

bc48e885.jpg

Should I go with this version. (Not sure it matches the lower but lower can be sold I guess)
6f94d814.jpg

4625c866.jpg

Or can this grill possibly be fit onto a 1500 without changing hoods/ bumpers,etc. as that is the only way I have found them switched. I didnt think it was possible without doing the whole conversion but I have looked around and seen where people have put them on older HD trucks but they have left gaps and had to do some trimming as pictured below, just wasnt sure if it was possible on a 1500. Seem to be able to find this grille cheapest as well. If its not possible only replacing the grill then oh we'll, I'll choose from the first two
8c8fc530.jpg

662b02b1.jpg

031d26e1.jpg

Thanks for any input/links to information.

Needs an 09 bumper, looks plain without the cut out. :imo:

...and we can swap headlights, that will change it up a little bit.

Last edited:
Needs an 09 bumper, looks plain without the cut out. :imo:

...and we can swap headlights, that will change it up a little bit.

Needs a '09 bumper bad. Not colormatching anything until I get one. I have a spare one like I already have that I was given but has a small ding and then found someone who replaced theirs with a ranchhand on Craigslist awhile back but when it came down to picking it up they backed out of the deal. Smh!.....Clearing the lights was a breeze, my roommate and I did it one weekend to mine and a few other sets....I personally like your truck more than mine sometimes, always looks cleaner lol

Guess I'll just play it safe and keep looking for a the first Denali grill....anyone have any leads on a decent priced one?

I like it the way it is. Denali grilles are ugly imo

Thanks. I was iffy on trying to find one but I'm tired of the billet and don't like the plain factory grill. Looking for a Denali grill and then a newer front bumper and going to do some color matching after that.

I have an extra grill that the chrome surround is scratched up on that I thought about messing with and adding some chrome tape (can't think of the proper word to describe) to the clack bars just to see what one of those would look like. Saw on another site while looking for Denali grills where someone had done it instead of shelling out the cash for an All-terrain grill.

Yup, in the link I provided that's what they did. Just got some stick on chrome and put in on the horizontal bars. Looks decent.

Yup, in the link I provided that's what they did. Just got some stick on chrome and put in on the horizontal bars. Looks decent.

Haha, :shake: was in a hurry and didn't realize there was a link. I think it looks decent for stick on chrome.

Sell me your lower and valance and that'll solve your problems :imo:

Just kidding, get the Denali upper, I think it'll look sick.

Sell me your lower and valance and that'll solve your problems :imo:

Just kidding, get the Denali upper, I think it'll look sick.

Haha, I hope so...having a hard time finding one. Was going to pick up one from Ryan on here but didn't get the cash in time.