fortplainman

official CGM slut
Feb 8, 2012
utica ny
anyone ever have problems with the stock door speakers? my passenger one the past idk 6 months has worked one day and not the next. starting yesterday both the driver and passenger door speakers stopped working. my a-pillar tweeters still work as well as my rear door speakers. anyone think it could be a loose connection or do you think it could be blown speakers?

next question would be if they are blown is it worth the plastic rattle to upgrade all my speakers and get a double din? is it a pain in the ass to put sound deadening in the doors?

TILLER

Aug 28, 2012
Hallsville Tx
If you sound feared you should have less rattle. I deadened both my front doors when I swapped out my speakers and it made a huge difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99blaze

Aug 5, 2014
I got kickers in all my doors I have some rattles on the front doors once I put deadening on the back it fixed it. Sounds so much better with and aftermarket radio and speakers. Real easy to install deadening. Basically peel and stick and cut

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cheeny23

Resident Wop
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Bakersfield
geoff, nut up and doit. raammat, knu konceptz knoknoise, second skin, all good. easy to install, just takes some time.

fortplainman

official CGM slut
Feb 8, 2012
utica ny
i have heard good things about polk or focal speakers. just not sure about a double din. i think from what ive seen a pioneer unit would be the way to go. wouldn't need a nav unit though, i have my trucker gps if i need to go somewhere or 2 cell phones lol.

99blaze

Aug 5, 2014
I've always loved pioneer. Grwat product for the price. I put a kenwood in mine due to price and it had the features I wanted. It impressed me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

fortplainman

official CGM slut
Feb 8, 2012
utica ny
i have heard good things about polk or focal speakers. just not sure about a double din. i think from what ive seen a pioneer unit would be the way to go. wouldn't need a nav unit though, i have my trucker gps if i need to go somewhere or 2 cell phones lol.

Cheeny23

Resident Wop
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Bakersfield
then just get the app radio if u dont want nav. i got the avic-8100nex and love it, their flagship model. was 894 when i bought it, now 1099 on amazon lol.

fortplainman

official CGM slut
Feb 8, 2012
utica ny
then just get the app radio if u dont want nav. i got the avic-8100nex and love it, their flagship model. was 894 when i bought it, now 1099 on amazon lol.

thats odd. do you have the resistive or capacitive unit? googled it and went to amazon, looks like it shows it has nav. maybe there is one that comes with no nav? do you think it has a pandora app or compatible? thats what i use for radio.

nvm, just found the non nave but comes with android auto whatever that is lol:http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-4100NEX-Multimedia-Receiver-Touchscreen/dp/B00SKJPKGW

Last edited:

Cheeny23

Resident Wop
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Bakersfield
capacitive. that's what the 8100 is, the 7100 is the resistive.

4100 is going to be resistive as well.

fortplainman

official CGM slut
Feb 8, 2012
utica ny
yeah i saw that, found a clip on crutchfield about the 3 models. i dont mind my parents cue system being capacitive, but id think id like the resistive a bit more since sometimes on the cue it doesnt pick up my finger.

fortplainman

official CGM slut
Feb 8, 2012
utica ny
so did some poking around and went to the local place thats known for systems figuring might as well upgrade vs. just replace the front speakers. guy said with the pioneer 6100, rocksford fosgate speakers all around, 5 channel amp, 10in sub, box, sound deadening installed would be like ~$1900. seems pretty steep, but then again im sure most of it is equipment cost. mainly trying to decide on if i should tackle this myself with whatever speakers you guys recommend and find writeups how to do it, or just pay the money for a professional to do it.