Nnbs flip kit on nbs. Will it work?

bagged00

Mar 21, 2012
So I got the opportunity for a nnbs mcgaughys flip kit for a good deal but it's for a nnbs.. I've done some research and found a few things saying they're the same. Anyone know for sure? My main concern is pinion angle.

CammedVmax

Still stuck
Jun 5, 2013
Longview, TX
So I got the opportunity for a nnbs mcgaughys flip kit for a good deal but it's for a nnbs.. I've done some research and found a few things saying they're the same. Anyone know for sure? My main concern is pinion angle.

I know the nnbs flip kit is 7" and a nbs is 6", idk what part is different but I'm assuming they are different.

Sent from Tapashit

bagged00

Mar 21, 2012
I think the nnbs is 7 because removing a factory suspension part.. I've never worked on a nnbs so not 100% sure

Aeddin

Oct 3, 2013
Will work, but require some trimming to the flip kit. The spring perches are higher on the nnbs, so will it bolt up fine. But there will be about a 1/2 gap between your lower saddle and rear end. Triming the top of the top plates on the mcgaughys flip kit that fit into the bottom of your spring perch will make it just like the NBS kits. These cuts will also set the pinion, so trim slightly more off the front.

With that being said, flip kits are not a whole lot, so unless your getting it next to free or a have a chop saw or a torch and a steady hand i wouldn't bother.

Last edited: