NNBS 4-Lo/6-Hi mod

nickyreno

Oct 7, 2013
Lake Tahoe, NV
I wanted my fog lights on all the time (sick of pressing the fog light button every time I start the truck) so I researched the 4-Lo and 6-Hi mod threads. This way is different than the "diode" method. Instead, you connect the #28 fuse to the #32 DRL fuse. Now my fogs automatically come on and stay on when the hi's are activated. The fog light switch does nothing at all now so you will lose ability to turn off the fogs. Total came out to like $15.00.

The part from Autozone, purchase two. Place 2, 15 amp fuses into each one.
Cooper Bussmann/ATM fuse tap (BP-HHH-RP) | Fuse and Accessories | AutoZone.com

The optional in-line fuse. Place one 15 amp fuse in it.
Cooper Bussmann/ATM in-line fuse holder (BP-HHM-RP) | Fuse and Accessories | AutoZone.com

Shitty pictures (I can take better ones per request):

4-Lo
20131023_180519_zps45116d46.jpg

6-Hi
20131023_180542_zps41dc0aa8.jpg

How the fuse box will look (with heat shrink)
IMG_20111120_125956.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking doing this mod. Has it given you any problems? Also you said the fog light switch does nothing, which is fine, but do the fogs come on with the daytime running lights and if you where to completely turn the headlights off at the switch, do the fogs go off with them?
Thanks for any info.

i already has this on NBS, truck didnt come with fog lights so wired to battery with toggle switch, HID fogs and headlights to blind the world... also hold high beams on when another asshole puts his high beams on, also got silver star ultra lights in high beams so 6X of fock you lights in yo face lolz

I was thinking doing this mod. Has it given you any problems? Also you said the fog light switch does nothing, which is fine, but do the fogs come on with the daytime running lights and if you where to completely turn the headlights off at the switch, do the fogs go off with them?
Thanks for any info.

It makes your DRL's and fogs one circuit, so whenever your lights are on - so are he fogs. When you turn the lights off, everything goes off.

This mod makes it so whenever your truck is running, your fogs are on.

Ok. Thanks make since. Now could you instead of using the drl spot use the parking lights #27 or #28 so when ever you parking lights are on the fogs are on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this mean that the fogs are then going to activate the lows also. So I couldn't just turn my parking lights and fogs on, the lows would then be triggered by the fogs? That's what the diodes do for the other setup.

I have my nbs fogs hooked (via diodes) to my drl and my highs.

Last edited:
Ok so I tried a little different setup and really like the way it works. I made the same harness setup and then ran it to the trl parking lights #25. So the fogs come on when ever the parking lights are one. They will not come on with the day time lights, but they will be on if you like to run parking lights and fogs during the day. They stay on with lows and highs and also they pop on when you remotely unlock the truck. Here are some crapy pics. Also the fog switch (if the lights are turned off) will turn on the fogs and parking lights.
3ety8a9a.jpg
ute4y2em.jpg
muru8ury.jpg
yhesa7ys.jpg

Last edited:
So this mean that the fogs are then going to activate the lows also. So I couldn't just turn my parking lights and fogs on, the lows would then be triggered by the fogs? That's what the diodes do for the other setup.

I have my nbs fogs hooked (via diodes) to my drl and my highs.

The fog button becomes obsolete, they cannot activate or de-activate anything, even themselves. You will have to do what Mike did and run the fuse from the fogs to the parking lights. But in doing so, your fogs will not automatically come on.

They will come on whenever the parking lights are activated. Another thing I discovered is if you like to roll with fogs/parking lights durning the day you can activate all of them by hitting the fog switch and they will all go off with truck.

+1 on those fuse tap deals.
Where did you get them? I could use a few of those for a boat project I have going on