nickyreno's Build Thread

Works for a while, but you'll still have the issue. It isn't difficult at all to do the gasket, just takes some time taking everything off and putting it back.

I'm trying to find a good write-up or install directions to mitigate any hang-ups if I decide to tackle it myself. It would also allow me to see if I have all the right tools to do it.

you ever over heat it? i find it weird that the head gasket would be going.
Never once has it overheated. There's also no white smoke or peculiar smells coming from the exhaust.

Really the only thing that I can attest to a bad head gasket is that I am losing coolant and there's no visible leaks.

I already replaced the reservoir hoping it was cracked or faulty.

We used that manual when we did the head gasket on my dad's Yukon. It was a great reference.

you cant really, sometimes they just leak and you will never track it but more then likely thats the issue, normally if the motor is using coolant its the water pump or a cracked head. and your motor was after the head issue. water pumps arent too expensive, and since you have e fans, its a breeze.

Or I have had pin holes in my radiator that would leak steam so you won't ever see a puddle.

I made about a 100 mile run going 120+ in my old truck and started overheating and loosing coolant soon after. Turned out to be water pump.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

common wise though water pump is pretty high up on the list. i would do that before removing a head

Absolutely.

Another thing though is when I fill the res tank, both the old and the new, coolant drips from the bottom of it out of the overflow port but stops when im not pouring. I'm wondering if it leaks when the coolant gets hot?

But why does it leak when I pour coolant?