New updated pictures of my '08

BARBER

Black on Black
Mar 21, 2012
Owanka, SD
Got my pickup cleaned up the last couple days inside and out and had the chance to get some new pictures of it. Recently I came across the Fab Fours bumper and it was such a good deal that I couldn't pass on it. Got it for $500 from a guy who manages the autobody supply store I get all my stuff from. On top of the deal, he threw in a $130 bed lining kit as well. Spent another $400 on Line-X Premium on it and another $90 for replacement fogs. Those will go on once my different HID bulbs come in for them. I know a lot of people hate full replacements but for me its going to be a valuable asset. I've already hit a deer with this pickup and hit two with my old one. Out here its not a matter of IF you are going to hit a deer (or anything else)...its WHEN. I need to get my billet insert and bowtie polished up and stuck back on. The green bowtie was just an idea. I also painted my tow mirrors but need to redo one of them.

DSCN0824.jpg

DSCN0825.jpg

DSCN0826.jpg

DSCN0828.jpg

DSCN0829.jpg

DSCN0830.jpg

DSCN0831.jpg

DSCN0832.jpg

DSCN0833.jpg

Hybrid badge
DSCN0834.jpg

DSCN0835.jpg

DSCN0836.jpg

Looks great. can't wait to see it with the tows.

Do want to see what happens the the next deer that decides to cross your path.

I actually really like that bumper. Have you considered going with black wheels? I know they're gayer than AIDS and all but they'd go well with the black theme.

Close up of the bolt caps Barber?? Where did you get them from?

I got them from a local truck chrome shop actually. The ones I have are a pointed dome cap. They aren't listed on Iowa 80s link that Tony posted. I can do some more digging around. They're 18mm for those front bolts.

I actually really like that bumper. Have you considered going with black wheels? I know they're gayer than AIDS and all but they'd go well with the black theme.

I hate black wheels, but some I like, some I hate. I prefer something with a black and machined finish too. I've thought about a set of some black XD spys. What I'd really like is a set of chrome Moto Metal 961s with black inserts. Same wheels that Brandon had on his Chevy when he was just leveled. I think a wider wheel will make the overall stance look ten times better.

Shawn, looks killer buddy! Love how the bumper match the fender lines!

Thanks man, I had trimmed those up. Looked like hell with them hanging down. The driver side liner I trimmed differently so the washer tank wasn't exposed to the tire. Then hit the bottom half of the tank with plasti-dip so it didn't stick out like a sore thumb.
0412121147.jpg

looks good, that bumper gives you so much more room for activities. I think the moto metals with black inserts would look really good as well.