WildChevys

In Valor There Is Hope
Sep 3, 2013
New Jersey
It's creeping up on the time when I'm going to have to replace the tires on the Tahoe and I'm kicking around a few options. My first choice are the cooper zeon ltz's however they don't make the size I need (275/55/20) so here's the other tire ideas I've got thus far:
Nitto Terra Grappler G2s
Toyo AT2s
BFG Rugged Trails
Hankook Dynapro ATMs
Cooper discoverer H/T plus

I have experience with the above brands with the exception of hankook, but not those exact tires. Anyone have any input on these or other tires for the truck? I want a more aggressive tire than the shitty bridgstones on there now, but I don't want an all out MT as it doesn't fit the truck

Last edited:

CammedVmax

Still stuck
Jun 5, 2013
Longview, TX
They make 305/50r20, I've had 2 sets lol. They don't show them on their site for some reason but they make them.

Sent from Tapashit

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
They make them for sure, they are 1100 bucks on egay shipped and I've gotten 3 quotes around here:Canuck: ... They are definitely available

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WildChevys

In Valor There Is Hope
Sep 3, 2013
New Jersey
The cooper discoverer h/t plus comes in the 275. The cooper Zeon is over an inch wider so I don't think it will fit on the tahoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildChevys

In Valor There Is Hope
Sep 3, 2013
New Jersey
cory had the toyo at2's at the englishtown show, the tread design was better than the old version.

Yea I know they look good on his truck, I love toyo and they are great quality just not sure if it's too aggressive of a pattern for the tahoe

roundsy

RCSB and a Hoe
Jun 7, 2014
Ontario, Canada
If it's going to see any winter time driving I would recommend the hankook dynapros. I had them on my nbs rclb and haven't had a better AT tire in winter since. I tried the cooper zeons when I got my nnbs because I thought the tread pattern looked a bit more aggressive but they were/are brutal in the winter compared to the hankooks. I will be putting hankooks on my hoe for winter/all season driving.

WildChevys

In Valor There Is Hope
Sep 3, 2013
New Jersey
tahoe needs something more agressive then whats on it right now.
Definitely I agree
If it's going to see any winter time driving I would recommend the hankook dynapros. I had them on my nbs rclb and haven't had a better AT tire in winter since. I tried the cooper zeons when I got my nnbs because I thought the tread pattern looked a bit more aggressive but they were/are brutal in the winter compared to the hankooks. I will be putting hankooks on my hoe for winter/all season driving.

That's good to hear. I think it's between the hankook, toyo, and maybe Nitto and bfg then

WildChevys

In Valor There Is Hope
Sep 3, 2013
New Jersey
Thanks

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d....do&fl=&pc=27498&counter=0&ar=55&rd=20&cs=275

apparently they do make the cooper zeons in a 275/55

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

now thinkin cooper zeon ltz's or nitto terra grapplers. both have good reviews, so whichever is cheaper I guess is the winner

Last edited:

Emery19

That Ford Guy
Apr 8, 2012
Mount Laurel, NJ
Goodyear Duratracs. we have two sets. amazing tire in all conditions. they're probably too agressive for what you're looking for and they get a little loud with wear, but i loved the set on the ranger and my dad has them on his yukon and him and mom love them, and he got them mainly because of how good they are in the snow.