amfr

Banned
Jan 15, 2016
I'm looking at doing some visual customizing of my truck and after doing a little research it appears I need some help and a good community to talk to. Even tho I don't live close to any chapters( I live in fl) I liked the site and the sheer amount of posts. I have a 2014 chevy silverado 4x4

Looking at putting clear reflectors and amber bulbs on headlights. New grill. New till lights. Intake and exaust. Black bowtie. Maybe even a bully dog. And I want to take off all the silverado emblems.

Currently I have a leveler, side steps and bed liner.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Connor

Mar 28, 2015
Welcome. Most of us aren't near a chapter. I'm not sure how active they are. I'm from MA. I think you'll find our community helpful and knowledgeable, if not a bit opinionated. Don't let it get to you.

racer36

nbs lyfe
Aug 17, 2014
homer, mi
welcome, also post upvsome pics. only things i see on your list that i dont like, are side steps and bully dog. i think most people here will suggest blackbear performance for tuning

Connor

Mar 28, 2015
Or efi live, or h and s.
Are you gasser or a deesul?

Yeah the guys here are really for slick trucks. Demold, debadge, pull the steps off, shave tailgate...
There's a name for it. CGM treatment. Some other forums call it other names, but its all the same thing.

Sent from the USA.

Milk

Come at me bro
Jun 5, 2012
Bakersfield, CA
Welcome. Most of us aren't near a chapter. I'm not sure how active they are. I'm from MA. I think you'll find our community helpful and knowledgeable, if not a bit opinionated. Don't let it get to you.

Welcome. What this guy said in his last two sentences imo. You will find out quick some of the stuff you really like, some people may not agree with and or just be rudely honest, but i'd rather have that then say it looks good and stuff be ugly :rofl:

Connor

Mar 28, 2015
Welcome. What this guy said in his last two sentences imo. You will find out quick some of the stuff you really like, some people may not agree with and or just be rudely honest, but i'd rather have that then say it looks good and stuff be ugly :rofl:

Yep, If you really like something keep it. But do look for examples of what people suggest, you may find out you like it better than what you had in mind. I've done almost a complete 180 on what I like in trucks over a few years.

amfr

Banned
Jan 15, 2016
Or efi live, or h and s.
Are you gasser or a deesul?

Yeah the guys here are really for slick trucks. Demold, debadge, pull the steps off, shave tailgate...
There's a name for it. CGM treatment. Some other forums call it other names, but its all the same thing.

Sent from the USA.
Gas. I needed the steps for my wife she had issues getting into the truck after the leveler was put on

amfr

Banned
Jan 15, 2016
welcome, also post upvsome pics. only things i see on your list that i dont like, are side steps and bully dog. i think most people here will suggest blackbear performance for tuning
What is black bear? And reason I went with bully dog was it's not too much work to do for me and I can also customize it if I get a performance shop to help down the line with custom tuning. Side steps are a must for my wife. IL get pix up asap only one I have now is with the boat haha

Connor

Mar 28, 2015
What is black bear? And reason I went with bully dog was it's not too much work to do for me and I can also customize it if I get a performance shop to help down the line with custom tuning. Side steps are a must for my wife. IL get pix up asap only one I have now is with the boat haha

Black bear is a tuning company, they do pretty good tunes. You can send in you ecm, or buy a controller that will program your truck from them. They also do live tune events, where you show up at a spot and they tune it in person.

Black Bear Performance :: Custom Tuning Solutions for 96 and newer GM Vehicles

Much more customized to your specific vehicle.

amfr

Banned
Jan 15, 2016
Black bear is a tuning company, they do pretty good tunes. You can send in you ecm, or buy a controller that will program your truck from them. They also do live tune events, where you show up at a spot and they tune it in person.

Black Bear Performance :: Custom Tuning Solutions for 96 and newer GM Vehicles

Much more customized to your specific vehicle.
Wow yea they have a lot to offer. I just don't know how it will affect my warrenty and such. Their price is about the same of a bullydog and one less piece to have. I drive very little so I will see the 5 years of my warrenty before the millage

Graystone

Apr 25, 2014
Wow yea they have a lot to offer. I just don't know how it will affect my warrenty and such. Their price is about the same of a bullydog and one less piece to have. I drive very little so I will see the 5 years of my warrenty before the millage

They affect your warranty the same as the bully dog.

Graystone

Apr 25, 2014
Which I assume voids it. I didn't do that much research yet.

No. Nothing voids the warranty unless said modification is the cause of the problem. Legally speaking.

amfr

Banned
Jan 15, 2016
No. Nothing voids the warranty unless said modification is the cause of the problem. Legally speaking.
O that is good to know. Probably better to go with black bear then since it's specific to my vehicle and it's an actual reprogram not An additional device

Graystone

Apr 25, 2014
They do good work but I would find a good local tuner if you can. If there is no one locally then I would do the bb route.

amfr

Banned
Jan 15, 2016
They do good work but I would find a good local tuner if you can. If there is no one locally then I would do the bb route.
There has to be a local one. Between tampa and Orlando. Just need to do the leg work. Trucks are very popular in florida