New guy.

my08impalaSS

Just Chillin
Mar 11, 2013
All over.
Hey guys. New here. Bought my first silverado today. :woot:

2004 1500 Crew Cab Z-71, 98,000 miles, 18" Moto Metals, and I believe it is leveled.
3098E773-00A6-4614-9FB3-BDAD93AA5B27-2744-000003209B57EE6E.jpg

D5083323-483F-45F5-9323-3C5D0BACBEFD-2744-00000320A2BB8EE7.jpg

Prob won't be on here a WHOLE lot cause I work on pipeline 7 days a week. But, will be on as much as I can. Hope to meet some pretty cool people's. :thumbsup:

Thanks man. Only problem with it is the bed is absolutely beat to shit. Lol. But then again it's a bed. So it wasnt a big deal to me.

As of future plans I don't have a whole lot planned since it will mainly be my work truck. But I'm thinking I wanna put about a 4" lift, some kind of exhaust, and a radio and speakers. The speakers don't work very well right now. Think they may be blown. But it's a simple fix.

Also, not the first silverado in our family, this was my moms for the last 4 years.
fa4c9cb0.jpg

f3b0041a.jpg

Unfortunately she traded straight across for a 2007 Toyota Tundra the other day. :/ can't say I was happy at all. Haha.

Last edited:
Well, I live in Ben Wheeler TX, but I'm working in Colorado City TX right now. Lived in burleson tx and college station tx the last 4-5 years.

Like I said, deff gotta do something about the exhaust soon. Not loud enough for me. Do wanna start color matching everything as soon as possible. But my first thing is fixing the bed and putting bedliner in it. After that the real mods will begin.

What are some pretty easy power mods for these? It's the 5.3 vortec, I have a 5.3 in my impala, but it's the shorter block and stupid FWD GM bullshit. Lol. So mods for it suck ass.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

Hey Joey, go ahead and get a full exhaust first. Im a big fan of always going straight to a setup that will "make it breath better." So I would look into doing a intake, long tubes, high flow cats or a ORY with a full exhaust and a good tune. Depending on how loud you want it will determine what muffler you should go with. If you do by a chance go with long tubes and don't want it unbareable loud then look at doing around a 16 or 18" magnaflow. There are other things like looking into a vette servo which are super cheap and a hd2 shift kit and bump up your gearing as well. You can go to internals such as a cam if you want but if it were mine then i'd go for what I said and open her up and let her breath better by going with a intake, LT's, ory, full exhaust and a solid tune. If you wanted to drop the coin then you could look into doing a bigger intake manifold as well.