1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
Well, first off my name's Korbin, I'm from Longview, TX, and I'm 16. I've been on 67-72chevytruck.com for years, where I had a 25+ build thread on this truck
ahede2yg.jpg

Ill give y'all the quick version, I bought it for $250 from an older man outside of hallsville, where it looked like the top. Didn't run, body was beat, but the frame was good. With the help of my father over a 3 year period we managed to swap a 5.3/4l60e combo into it, convert to rack and pinion steering, relocate the tank in between the frame rails under the bed, relocated the battery underneath the bed, find a 12 bolt posi, section the front crossmember 1.5", 2.5" drop spindles, airbags in the front, flip kit and hanger relocation in the rear, notch that was thought the frame rail, Porterbuilt forward LCAs, KYB shocks, Porterbuilt sway bar, painted EVERYTHING on the chassis gloss black. Found a set of power 09 silverado 40/20/40 bucket seats, redid the entire floor pan to clear the transmission and house the new seats comfortably, shaved the firewall, drip rails, cab seam, fender marker lights, gas filler door, tail lights, stake pockets, tailgate chains, hood ornament, etc. raised the bed floor 4" to clear the notch, coated the bottom of the cab and bed with bed liner, probably a lot more than I've listed, but it took us 3 years to finish it a couple monts after I turned 16. I missed out on a lot of normal kids stuff building it, but it was all worth it. I drove it from July 2013 until this past Friday when this happened, was coming home from school to drop my sister off, and head to work. I wasn't speeding, I wasn't on my phone, it was on a road I drive everyday to get home. I hit a pot home and the truck being so damn stiff it jerked my passenger side off into the ditch, where I reacted in the wrong way and got on the brakes hard and it drug me off the road and into a telephone pole.We are both okay, thank god, but I cried my eyes out the whole night after I realized what had just happened.
za4esesa.jpg

Well, after what happened, I feel blessed by the grace of god to sti be alive. I can't be mad about what happened, but I can keep moving forward. My parents are going to keep whatever money insurance gives us for the red truck, and they have given me this. Which we paid $10k for, had $16k in the red truck.
azu4eqy3.jpg

It's an 06 Duramax 4wd with 240k on the clock, has the Bose system, charcoal clothe interior, with the center console. Its a nice truck and runs strong for the mileage. Replaced what I thought were leaking tranny cooler lines today, and turns out it was the cooler leaking along. So I ordered a cooler to put in.

I have a few ideas for this truck, but I'm on a 16 year olds budget, so it'll be sloooowww. First up is window tint, then a leveling kit, demolding it, clearing the headlights, i want to smooth the plastics and colormatch them, with esky handles and some 20x12 chrome wheels. Maybe a simple system. Maybe a programmer but im not tearing up the transmission so nothin crazy. Just something simple to drive for a while.

Sorry for the long winded post, I just feel like you guys should know who I am. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Welcome from IA, red truck was clean and good luck with Max and Al there are quite a few guys on here that know their way around them.

1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
I would love to have an efi live tune, on a dsp5 or whatever switch. But like I said I'm a poor 16 year old, I actually have a buddy who was going to sell me a super chips for like $50. Hard to pass up.

And sadly no, I'm not, frame is straight fubar on it. Ill probably help my dad put all the running gear out of the red truck in his 65 step side.

Last edited:

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Welcome!

IMO if you can't afford EFILive, then save for it. Don't waste your time or money on a chip.

1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
I honestly would rather do a Ppe programmer than efi live. I like the simplicity of a handheld tuner.

TILLER

Aug 28, 2012
Hallsville Tx
Welcome from hellsville. Sucks I never got to see red truck, doesn't suck about Ryan's valve spring

Adjusted

Super Moderator
Feb 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
ey there bud

sorry to hear about that c10, couldn't imagine losing something I had put that much of my heart into. keep us updated on the dmax man!