cvand789

Mar 30, 2014
Michigan
Hello everyone.

I'm active on a couple of different forums (GM Truck Club, GMFS), although I stay fairly quiet on GMFS and basically use it for research only. Upon doing some research I've landed here and have seen some really awesome trucks so I decided to join.

A little about me and my truck --

As the title says, I'm from Michigan. 20 years old, go to school in Kentucky. My father owns a Chevrolet dealership and am very fortunate and thankful to have the truck that I have. Though I was given the truck, I do not consider myself to be spoiled. I've worked at the shop since I was 13 and have payed for all of my mods with all of the hard work that I have put in. Sure was nice to get a head start with a brand new truck though. Anyway, about the truck:

2011 1500 4x4 LT2 in Laser Blue Metallic with 48k miles. It has a BDS 4" lift kit, 20x9" Ultra Baron wheels, 305/55/20 Duratracs, K&N 63 series CAI, Gibson Dual Extreme exhaust, Gibson Shorty stainless headers, smoked Recon cab, tail, and third brake light(s), I also have the Platinum Blue series lights (highs, lows, fogs). I swapped out the license plate lights for LEDs as well. I have added the tow mirrors, color matched the front and rear bow ties, as well as the tailgate bezel. I've got a 20" Rigid Industries SR2 mounted in the front bumper. Smaller stuff includes GM tonneau cover and AVS vent visors. I plan on posting a build from where I started and where I currently am sitting, and my plans for the future.

I've got an opportunity to get a '14, (my older brother actually just got a '15 Duramax, haven't seen it in person but looks amazing in the pictures) although I don't think I'm ready to part ways with this truck yet. I don't want to leave my project half completed and I really don't have any reason to get a new one. I'm thinking I will have my fun with this one for another 5ish years and then upgrade to a duramax.

Here's how the truck sits now, be on the lookout for a build thread! Thanks for the opportunity and I look forward to learning from you all and hopefully you can learn something from me as well!

cvand789

Mar 30, 2014
Michigan
Thanks for the warm welcomes so far guys.
I'll be working on this build thread soon. I'm trying to go back and find all of my old pictures. Hopefully everyone is having a relaxing Sunday!