NEW from Cincinnati

pward

Silverado SS
Jun 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
New to CustomGM.com wanted to intruduce myself and my Silverado SS2012 Silverado SS.JPGSilverado SS-3.jpgIMG_0285.jpg

Attachments

• 2012 Silverado SS.JPG
    2012 Silverado SS.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Silverado SS-3.jpg
    Silverado SS-3.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 38
No it's not a real SS, but i see the people that like to think they know something make a comment and show their lack of intelligence ! Chevy has not produced an SS model since 2006 which is public knowledge. It's a 2012 LS with a 4.8L with all the aftermarket bolt on's and upgrades, now putting out 347 HP with 330 LBS of Torque and lowered with a 3/6 DJM suspension, a Magnaflow exhaust with rectangular tips, K/N cold air intake, Superchips Tuner, 93 octane setting. the wing and SS emblems are from a 2006 Intimidator SS and it's a 2wd on 22's.
It's now handles very well and i can't wait to finish the rest of it.

For those of you that are like me, i just like to see other peoples handy work on their trucks.
I hope you like it, i know i enjoy seeing some of your imaginations show on your rides.

I'd recommend junking the Superchips tuner and going with a custom tune...you'll notice a night and day difference.

Welcome to the site!

Thanks Khaos, i've heard that but it's an everyday driver and it already pounds the Ujoints in 2nd and 3rd, but i could use some more top end power. mine seams to give out around 100 or so.

Sure thing, but even stock vehicles will see a good improvement overall with a custom tune. And usually they are the same price or cheaper than a "canned" tuner :thumbsup:

That u joint tune could just be line pressure settings. You'll be doing yourself a favor by going with an actual custom tune, but don't take our word for it...

Welcome!

Those numbers are at the wheels, i did custom tune the line pressure and shift point myself from information on other forums that others have tried with the superchips tuner. i was able to get it to actually lunge forward when it shifts rather than just shift and then pull. i like the hard hit from gear to gear. i just don't want to take it any farther with the stock gears so i don't break anything. like i said the only issue i have is it falls on it's face just over 100 mph, but i don't know if i could expect any more from a 4.8l without a cam swap.

Sorry dude but unless I see actual dyno numbers I'm calling bullshit. Especially on 22s. If you can prove it I'm going to be buying a superchips

Sent from the 4.hate using tapaturd