pward

Silverado SS
Jun 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
No it's not a real SS, but i see the people that like to think they know something make a comment and show their lack of intelligence ! Chevy has not produced an SS model since 2006 which is public knowledge. It's a 2012 LS with a 4.8L with all the aftermarket bolt on's and upgrades, now putting out 347 HP with 330 LBS of Torque and lowered with a 3/6 DJM suspension, a Magnaflow exhaust with rectangular tips, K/N cold air intake, Superchips Tuner, 93 octane setting. the wing and SS emblems are from a 2006 Intimidator SS and it's a 2wd on 22's.
It's now handles very well and i can't wait to finish the rest of it.

For those of you that are like me, i just like to see other peoples handy work on their trucks.
I hope you like it, i know i enjoy seeing some of your imaginations show on your rides.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
I'd recommend junking the Superchips tuner and going with a custom tune...you'll notice a night and day difference.

Welcome to the site!

pward

Silverado SS
Jun 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks Khaos, i've heard that but it's an everyday driver and it already pounds the Ujoints in 2nd and 3rd, but i could use some more top end power. mine seams to give out around 100 or so.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Sure thing, but even stock vehicles will see a good improvement overall with a custom tune. And usually they are the same price or cheaper than a "canned" tuner :thumbsup:

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
That u joint tune could just be line pressure settings. You'll be doing yourself a favor by going with an actual custom tune, but don't take our word for it...

Welcome!

pward

Silverado SS
Jun 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Those numbers are at the wheels, i did custom tune the line pressure and shift point myself from information on other forums that others have tried with the superchips tuner. i was able to get it to actually lunge forward when it shifts rather than just shift and then pull. i like the hard hit from gear to gear. i just don't want to take it any farther with the stock gears so i don't break anything. like i said the only issue i have is it falls on it's face just over 100 mph, but i don't know if i could expect any more from a 4.8l without a cam swap.

TechieTruckGuy

3.5 EcoHell
Apr 10, 2013
Bakersfield , CA
Sorry dude but unless I see actual dyno numbers I'm calling bullshit. Especially on 22s. If you can prove it I'm going to be buying a superchips

Sent from the 4.hate using tapaturd