New From Central Texas

UsmcTank

Feb 24, 2014
Texas
Hello Everyone,

My name is James, im a former United States Marine & Live 40 minutes south of Fort Worth down I-35.
I have a 2003 Silverado 1500 LT Ex Cab, 5.3L V8 2 wheel drive. I got the truck last September and haven't done anything at all to it.
I joined the Marine Corps 3 years ago, got out last year for torn tendons and ligaments all throughout my right knee, went to work in West Texas in oilfield.

Ill post up pictures of the truck soon, pretty gloomy now. I have alot of ideas for the truck but cant decide on how to go. I live in the country, Covington, Tx town of 266 people last i checked.
Rough roads and rock roads make for having a slammed truck hard to have, and every other chevy i have had has either had a lift or 4x4, so im thinking this will be first truck i put a lift on thats 2 wheel drive.

I have the money for the upgrades but i have NEVER messed with a vehicle with this much computer lol, i have a few classic projects at the house but them are easy to mess with. When i got the truck the radio wires had been cut at the plug. Got it quoted last week at $370 to get a new wiring done and aftermarket radio.

i have been going through the site, yall all seem like pretty good people. I should fit in fine lol

Howdy guy, lotsa members here from the DFW area.

Your radio issue could probably be repaired if you solder an aftermarket harness (likely one that would come with an aftermarket radio) to the cut OEM harness. It would take some work, but plenty of people do it.

See i was told that due to the Bose system i gotta have a certain one to do it.
i dont wanna fuck it all up lol