Need some help guys...ODBII no power

DirtyBlackHoe

Bun B, Baracca, Beezer
Jan 24, 2011
Thomasville, GA
I am currently not getting any power to my Cig light (don't use it) nor my ODBII outlet. I know that the common issue is the fuse for the Cigarette lighter, but everytime I replace the fuse it pops the fuse. I have no clue where to start tracking this down? I really only care about the ODBII port so that I can get a tune done...any help would be awesome...can I just somehow take out the cigarette lighter and be done with it?

This is on a 2004 Denali and I have two power outlets in the center console...one works perfectly fine...the actual cigarette lighter one DOESN'T

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
Make sure nothing is inside the socket, like a coin or anything that will conduct electricity. I have seen kids stick pennies in them all the time and blow fuses. :rofl:

DirtyBlackHoe

Bun B, Baracca, Beezer
Jan 24, 2011
Thomasville, GA
Make sure nothing is inside the socket, like a coin or anything that will conduct electricity. I have seen kids stick pennies in them all the time and blow fuses. :rofl:
funny that you said this...it was a dime down in there that was causing the problems...i didn't see it at first, but then I got it. Hopefully that fixes my issue...thanks man