awillis89

Jan 20, 2014
Looking to upgrade my stereo a little. Subs will come later. Been out of the stereo game for a bit and I know new and improved stuff has came out since. 2012 crew cab. Gonna go with a pioneer 8400 dd. not sure on which door speakers and amp though. Looking to spend $600 range listen to mostly country but like some bass every now and then. I was happy with my Bose in my last truck if I can get something close to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awillis89

Jan 20, 2014
Bump. That $600 is not including double din price. Just amp and speakers

awillis89

Jan 20, 2014
Since your trying to stay in under $600 probably the access series and p500.4 or p600.4

Sent from my Stealth Lookin iPhone using Tapaturd

Thanks again. I'm trying to keep it around a $1000 double din is gonna run me $350 ish and the harness and all that will be $70. Trying to get a little sound for a decent price.

Cheeny23

Resident Wop
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Bakersfield
focal, hertz, cdt, gladen, rainbow, rockford fosgate, alpine type x, audison, cant really go wrong with any of those manufacturers for speakers

audison, gladen, mosconi, us amps, zapco, cresendo, alpine pdx series, rockford fosgate, incriminatior audio, setsom, soundqubed, for amps. factor in costs for high quality wiring too, no cca, get pure oxygen free copper.

awillis89

Jan 20, 2014
Thanks for all the tips on other brands. Any certain gauge for speaker wire?

gm4yrs

Jul 1, 2013
I use 14 gauge wire for 100 watts per channel.
12 or maybe 10 guage for higher watts.

bbrown

Jan 30, 2014
I suggest JL Audio for amps and subwoofers. Don't forget Infinity speakers

silvr z

Mar 18, 2013
i have all 12 gauge for my mids and highs, 8 gauge for subs, 1/0 for power and ground

Exactly what I would suggest. I have the same for my power and subs, my speakers aren't amped yet, so stock wires to crossover, then 12 after that.

I suggest JL Audio for amps and subwoofers. Don't forget Infinity speakers

JL isn't bad for power and subs, definitely would steer clear of infinity speakers. Not a fan.

Last edited: