Need some advice on colormatching

Blk06silv

Jun 8, 2012
clarksville, tn
What all are you guys using to color match your door handles and mirrors, I just don't wanna put a bunch of time into painting and it come out like shit

Sand the texture out, clean very good(I recommend using wax and grease remover) spray with a couple of coats of bulldog adhesion promoter, and then paint

Everywhere in town has steep prices on painting, I figured me and my father could have a weekend project by painting most of my plastics, do y'all use any kind of clear coat after y'all paint

When i did mine, I went to a local automotive paint store and got them to mix up a can in my color, then did them myself..whenever I repaint the truck they will get redone but they came out good

I would start out with a coarser grit, then get a finer grit to go over it before painting
When I did my tailgate bezel I think i used 1000 grit to knock most of the texture down then used 2000 to get it smoother, you could used something coarser than 1000 though I just already had it, just sand the shit out of it till you get it smooth then make sure to clean it really good before painting
I recommend using wax and grease remover to clean the parts, just put some on a rag and wipe them down real good