Need help!! Best setup to go 7/11 on a 01 silverado ext cab

yoan serna

Jun 6, 2016
Been looking into dropping my truck 01 silverado ext cab. Really want to go 7/11 but don't know what's the best setup. Can yall help

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Coilovers. Only option if you want to go that low imo. I've been at 7" up front and it sucks lol.

11" in the rear can be done with a flip kit and 2" shackles/3" blocks, a step notch and some good shocks. I had that exact setup but it only measured out to 9.5" of true drop.

You'll need to raise any crossmember that hangs below the frame, raise the gas tank and tubs on all 4 corners to do it right.

And honestly your suspension geometry is pretty much gonna go to shit that low. You'll need to flip your tierods to mount under the spindle and get some heim joints and it really would be best if you were able to raise your uca mounts so you have better angles. Otherwise balljoints will not be your friend.

Just my .02. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

yoan serna

Jun 6, 2016
Thanks bro and since you put it that way I'll go with my second choice which is a 6/9. What setup will be good for a 6/9?

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Thanks bro and since you put it that way I'll go with my second choice which is a 6/9. What setup will be good for a 6/9?
Everything I suggested would still be best for 6/9 lol.

You could do 2" spindles and 3" coils trimmed to 4" and the rear would be a flip kit, shackles and blocks or hangers. Tubs are still a good idea.

At 6/9.5 my uca angles aren't great but I've been daily driving my truck this low on shitty roads for almost 4 years and I haven't had any major issues with it. I'm working on going to coilovers all the way around in the next few months if all goes as planned. Or at least ill have all of the parts by then lol.

Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
Everything I suggested would still be best for 6/9 lol.

You could do 2" spindles and 3" coils trimmed to 4" and the rear would be a flip kit, shackles and blocks or hangers. Tubs are still a good idea.

At 6/9.5 my uca angles aren't great but I've been daily driving my truck this low on shitty roads for almost 4 years and I haven't had any major issues with it. I'm working on going to coilovers all the way around in the next few months if all goes as planned. Or at least ill have all of the parts by then lol.

what you going to do in the rear?

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
what you going to do in the rear?
Getting the frame off of a truck that has a 3 linked backhalf with a fuel cell. Just gonna use the backhalf on my truck.
df2291f826d4108ac9ae0da7024880c5.jpg
he's giving me a really good deal on all 4 coilovers. Just gotta decide what I'm gonna do up front. I've seen a couple of guys reinforce these djm arms and add coilover brackets. I may just have some lowers made though. Not sure yet.