Need help! 2002 sierra ecsb lowered 2/4 FLIPKIT / LIFT SHACKLE?????

01droppedsilvy

Apr 15, 2013
Arkansas
02 sierra ecsb flip kit NEED INPUT PLZ!!!!!

I've got a 02 sierra extcab jus lowered it using mcgaughy 2" drop springs and mcgaughy flip kit with 1.75 lit shackle. After installing the flip kit and lift shackle the rear end was almost touching the frame..... Needing a quick fix I installed a set of Hijacker air shocks which obviously raised it up (only running 40 psi) but it rides VERY stiff, so what would be a good solution????? I do not want to cut my frame for a c-notch but with stock shocks it wasn't able to be drove comfortably. ALSO I have a vibration when accelerating from a dead stop any ideas what size of pinion shim I may need to fix that??? I've searched for hours and haven't found any solid answers so I appreciate your time and input :up:

Last edited:
get rid of the lift shackles or at least get better shocks than those air shocks. what do you mean your rear end was touching the frame?

good solution is c notch the frame :shrug: or rig up some helper bags...or get longer air shocks that would need less psi in them?

As far as shims go, IDK. Ive got 4 and 6* shims I can sell you if youd like to experiment with them

get rid of the lift shackles or at least get better shocks than those air shocks. what do you mean your rear end was touching the frame?

Like it was a full 6" drop and I had to have the air shocks to pick it up so it wouldn't bottom out....

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

I ran 4, and it had no issue at 4 and 6

less psi is ideal as eddie said

that's why I got the 1.75" lift shackle to make it as close to 4" as possible but it was more then a 4" drop and the other shocks were bottomed out

good solution is c notch the frame :shrug: or rig up some helper bags...or get longer air shocks that would need less psi in them?

As far as shims go, IDK. Ive got 4 and 6* shims I can sell you if youd like to experiment with them

How much for them?

Like it was a full 6" drop and I had to have the air shocks to pick it up so it wouldn't bottom out....

that's why I got the 1.75" lift shackle to make it as close to 4" as possible but it was more then a 4" drop and the other shocks were bottomed out

How much for them?

do yourself a favor and c notch instead of wasting money any where else, besides the shims. Did no one inform your that a 6" drop would require a c notch?

do yourself a favor and c notch instead of wasting money any where else, besides the shims. Did no one inform your that a 6" drop would require a c notch?

Yes I know that a flip kit is a automatic 6" drop that's why I got the lift shackle to raise it back up to a 4" so I wouldn't have to notch it. But it seems the shackle did no good and this is where I'm at now... Just tryn to get it riding good a how it should be. Any suggestions on a good notch kit to go with?? If I notch it I might as well install the stock shackles back it right?

all 4? $30 shipped...they go for 20-40ea set

I'll get with you on those! Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
mcguaghy or belltech, stay away from DJM

I am happy with my MCG, I bolted it and had it welded. I did your route once, and ended up back at 6" and then 8". Just get it over now, less headaches

mcguaghy or belltech, stay away from DJM

I am happy with my MCG, I bolted it and had it welded. I did your route once, and ended up back at 6" and then 8". Just get it over now, less headaches

Ok I appreciate the help! Guess I gotta buy 2" drop spindles now to make it 4" in the front to match the 6" in the rear! LMAO

x2 on McG, its what I run. You can add their helper bag kit down the road REAL easy.

For sure that's a nice option for the future!