Need Carpet cleaning help.

Phobia

Nov 26, 2013
KCMO
So, to make a long story short, my 1yr old spilled some milk in my truck that I did not know was there. Then I had my truck in the shop for the last week. Needless to say, after 7-8 days, it smells rotten inside my truck. I went to the nearest auto store and just got some "Tuff Stuff" carpet cleaner. I got the stain out of the floor, but the stench is still in the cab. What can I do to get the smell outta the carpet? I've left the windows down for two days, febreezed it alot, sprayed other disinfecting sprays, but to no avail.

Charcoal. Open a bag of charcoal and pour it into a tray or cardboard box or something. Let that sit in your truck for the next week and it should absorb the odor. I had an ice chest full of fresh shrimp and fish that leaked (drain plug was loose) during the whole drive from New Orleans to Shreveport. I had shrimp juice all soaked into my carpet and after a few days it smelled RANK! I tried everything you tried, hen I read online somewhere about the charcoal. I set a box of charcoal in the back of my Suburban and within a few days the smell was pretty much gone.

an ozone genertor is really the only way to fully remove it besides replacing everything that it contacted or spending an excessive amount of time cleaning it over and over until you are satisfied.

Sent from pasta.

Charcoal. Open a bag of charcoal and pour it into a tray or cardboard box or something. Let that sit in your truck for the next week and it should absorb the odor. I had an ice chest full of fresh shrimp and fish that leaked (drain plug was loose) during the whole drive from New Orleans to Shreveport. I had shrimp juice all soaked into my carpet and after a few days it smelled RANK! I tried everything you tried, hen I read online somewhere about the charcoal. I set a box of charcoal in the back of my Suburban and within a few days the smell was pretty much gone.

I completely forgot about trying charcoal. I will give that a shot. Of course, taking the rear seat out to clean would give me a perfect excuse to do the rear seat mod:hmm: