NBS tahoe bagged, bodied, billets

hardluck13

Jan 11, 2013
I would consider it if a vehicle wasnt going to have such wide wheels.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sorry, I know it’s and older post in the thread. But I did an IRS on one of my SEMA builds in 08 with 15” wide wheels (first pair of Raceline 24x14/15). The axles / CV’s were short as hell but after having them heat treated and properly made (used a GTO rear end with some up grades) it handled just fine and took the horsepower. It was a brand new Silverado (at the time) with a blower motor and a bunch of internals, bolt ons and extras. I didn’t even have to raise the bed floor. I don’t know if I have pics on this but I can pull some off line.

Reactions: eand28

Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
Sorry, I know it’s and older post in the thread. But I did an IRS on one of my SEMA builds in 08 with 15” wide wheels (first pair of Raceline 24x14/15). The axles / CV’s were short as hell but after having them heat treated and properly made (used a GTO rear end with some up grades) it handled just fine and took the horsepower. It was a brand new Silverado (at the time) with a blower motor and a bunch of internals, bolt ons and extras. I didn’t even have to raise the bed floor. I don’t know if I have pics on this but I can pull some off line.
It's just the look. I'm not a fan of any unnecessary camber. Some people are fine with it and thats cool but I just don't like it.
On small chassis suv's I think it's the way to go, but i also wouldn't run any wheels wider than 24x9. You can create sufficient lift with proper camber curve, but the closer your pivot points get, the smaller the arch your suspension travels along gets. Therfore creating more camber change.

Thats why i said I would consider it if the wheels weren't as wide.

hardluck13

Jan 11, 2013
Trying to load pics and forgot how. To show you laid out the camber isn’t what you’re thinking and aired up the same. The thing handled like it was on rails. My buddy Steve McGaughy (McGaughy suspension) helped design and set up the rear. And this was like 13 years ago.

Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
Trying to load pics and forgot how. To show you laid out the camber isn’t what you’re thinking and aired up the same. The thing handled like it was on rails. My buddy Steve McGaughy (McGaughy suspension) helped design and set up the rear. And this was like 13 years ago.
I understand man. Like I said everyone has their cup of tea. Nothing is wrong with it but you can't get the camber to stay 0⁰ with the same lift as straight axle, so it won't be something I chose to do for one of my builds.

Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
This build is still moving along. For those people that aren't IG people to see the progress. Here's a few updated photos. Part of the deal on this build was Brandan was going to handle stuff he felt was in his wheel house. So I delivered the truck back to him and I've made 2 trips down since to do major finishing points with him. This last trip finished the last major deal on the truck, the engine and trans harness. Relay box and ecu is mounted under the center console. We completely stripped the harness down. Removed all plugs for anything we removed or deleted. Rerouted the other plugs and extended the few wires (roughly 15) we needed to. Will be running 3 piece engine covers on the truck but even if he decided not to, it still looks way cleaner than the stock harness routing going over the intake.
7eba4a14b4ffd56fc6092c25ab2cf76f.jpg
3b0232c8087c9abcc6c05b9adb0ab1f8.jpg
0432cede4936381a93cdf55e9945fb27.jpg
5f95e50ba2714363d6ffa530ffee227c.jpg

Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
This is the engine trans harness completely stretched out after the redo. This is something that sets this build above the others IMO.
6d49ed30776b79727b4ee74f15def26d.jpg
f9e35e12d2a462e3c3c8f66dc84a08ca.jpg

Reactions: eand28