Nbs suede visors help!

CammedVmax

Still stuck
Jun 5, 2013
Longview, TX
So I've seen the thread on gmfs on how to do the visors, everything went good when wrapping them till I got to gluing them together. They just won't stay closed with hot glue. Tried plastic epoxy and still nothing. Y'all have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapashit

Wonder why the hot glue didn't hold. When you put the glue on did you squeeze it until it cooled?

You could try a 2 part epoxy like 3M panel bond and get the stuff that has a 5 minute work time and then clamp it for a half hour so it can cure.

Wonder why the hot glue didn't hold. When you put the glue on did you squeeze it until it cooled?

You could try a 2 part epoxy like 3M panel bond and get the stuff that has a 5 minute work time and then clamp it for a half hour so it can cure.

I did hot glue and let it sit with books on it for about 30 min and it just pulled apart. Sane with epoxy but I haven't thought of panel bond. That shit is tough lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapashit

I know I am bumping a week old thread, but when I done my visors I had Cornell work his magic and do them for me. They looked well done as well. After a week in summer in Louisiana, they started coming apart. I gave them to a buddy and put some stock ones back up and eventually went back to an oem headliner.

Next time though, coming very soon I will do a charcoal/grey headliner to match the rest. Dye the overhead console with SEM paint, and run no visors for an overall cleaner look.

same problem I had.

tried hot glue, spray adhesive, moulding tape, contact cement. nothing would hold the damn things closed, even after clamping and letting them set. Tried modifying the bracket to snap when it was down or up, but not put pressure on them to spring open.

ended up shaving the headliner holes and running no visors. :shrug:

edit: to say the contact cement didnt work is a lie. it worked, but how you fold the suede aroudn the edges to clue, and then try to close it shut there is no where for the cement to go except onto the suede itself. After it dried, it held together, but pulled the suede itself off the visor.

I know I am bumping a week old thread, but when I done my visors I had Cornell work his magic and do them for me. They looked well done as well. After a week in summer in Louisiana, they started coming apart. I gave them to a buddy and put some stock ones back up and eventually went back to an oem headliner.

Next time though, coming very soon I will do a charcoal/grey headliner to match the rest. Dye the overhead console with SEM paint, and run no visors for an overall cleaner look.

same problem I had.

tried hot glue, spray adhesive, moulding tape, contact cement. nothing would hold the damn things closed, even after clamping and letting them set. Tried modifying the bracket to snap when it was down or up, but not put pressure on them to spring open.

ended up shaving the headliner holes and running no visors. :shrug:

edit: to say the contact cement didnt work is a lie. it worked, but how you fold the suede aroudn the edges to clue, and then try to close it shut there is no where for the cement to go except onto the suede itself. After it dried, it held together, but pulled the suede itself off the visor.

i went throught the same exact thing. ever since i did my headliner i have ran no visors. shouldve not even cut the holes in the fabrif for them.

I used ultra black silicone and mine have stayed closed for over a yr now

sent from samsung galaxy lll using tapatalk ll

Yup, still have them sitting in the closet. The dyed ones are still holding up fine and can't even tell the difference between them and the headliner.

when I do suede headliner, I'm gonna get rid of the visors, all I use them for is to hold my sunglasses :rofl: also bc #tintlife and soon, #windshieldtintlife

I use mine all the time, mainly because I can't stand the way tint visors look.

I use mine all the time, mainly because I can't stand the way tint visors look.

you aint bout that life?

267218_1865665727854_1427340010_31516746_1481877_n.jpg

67574d1361466642-windshield-tint-brow-image.jpg

:troll: