Nbs speakers

stanced stepside01

Jan 18, 2015
Was looking to get some new speakers for 01 chevy extended cab what are the sizes of the speakers front and rear and also what brand do you guys recommend ? I was thinking Alpine or fosgates

Front are 6 1/2, rear are 4x6. Leave the rear alone, not worth the time nor cost for 4x6. I'd take alpine over fosgate, but depending on your price range, there are better options out there

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Cheen is right. Spend the majority of your budget on your front speakers as they are what you hear the most. Like I have some $50 polk audio in my rear doors. My fronts are Focal.

I had a CC so not much help with rear (you can normally get 5.25s into 4x6 openings with some Dremel work) but I had Focal 165 A1 IIRC in the front run off the Bose amp they sounded good, they were even better in the Impaler off my MTX amp (roughly 60-70 watts rms I think) and they were only like 150 from Sonic.

Alright fellas thanks! And about head units i have a sony thats running off of 200 or so watss i believe, should i replace for better unit or?

Billeh is right. Might be worth buying yourself a 5 channel amp that way you can power all of your door speakers plus a mild sub.

Thanks Billeh for the cryptology :myneer:

Sent from the 4.hate using tapaturd

Billeh is right. Might be worth buying yourself a 5 channel amp that way you can power all of your door speakers plus a mild sub.

Thanks Billeh for the cryptology :myneer:

Sent from the 4.hate using tapaturd
#ispeakjive
[video=youtube_share;fXSLcYQHqFQ]https://youtu.be/fXSLcYQHqFQ[/video]