NBS front bumper tuck job ( I guess you can call it that )

Slow05CC

Avery@texas-speed.com
Apr 25, 2014
Round Rock, Tx.
A while back I saw a lifted HD on gmfs and the owner had tucked the front bumper or did something to bring it up closer to the grill and bring it in closer so it didn't stick out as far. It is the only truck that I have noticed that mod done in and was wondering if anyone here has seen this or has any idea how it is done?

Also if anyone has any pics of this that would be really cool. Like I said I've seen it once on a lifted HD but never seen it on a 1500. Maybe it's not a popular mod, or there is way too much work involved. Idk.

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
should be exactly the same,

look at it this way, the body lifts for the chevys and GMC's are the same and they have to lift the bumper.

I would guess you need to run the 1/2 ton top cap on the Chevy though?

Slow05CC

Avery@texas-speed.com
Apr 25, 2014
Round Rock, Tx.
Oh nice! I guess I could have searched better but I wasn't sure what people were calling to mod.

Looks easy enough

Thanks for the link

bagged00

Mar 21, 2012
All mounts are the same per the year models. So if its 03 silveradp or sierra it mounts the same. 02 silvy or sierra is going to mount the same. However the hd trucks do have different frame horns to compensate for a bigger frame. But a lot of the concept is going to be the same when raising a bumper. Just make the mounting points higher. As far as the bumper tucked in, ive never seen this besides on something seriously tucked in. For the amount of work it would take to actually tuck it and make it look right, i highly doubt the truck you saw was tucked in anymore. Id imagine youd be cutting splicing and painting all exterior parts of the bumper

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
I've done it on my truck, raised it up almost 1.5".

16126090833_cea4ebf019_b.jpg

16123735094_703f74b383_b.jpg

Passenger side bumper bracket for reference. Cut both brackets like that and then you can add the spacers until you get the right amount you want.