nbs door handle pin?

bradywells11

Jun 11, 2012
crandall tx
whats the best way to take the pull bar off of the handle assembly to paint? i have white esky handles i wanna paint or trade some one for all white ones.

whats the best way to take the pull bar off of the handle assembly to paint? i have white esky handles i wanna paint or trade some one for all white ones.

I always just grind the "mushroomed" end off with a dremel then stick a screwdriver through it to push the pin out and replace it with a screw and nut about the same diameter

after putting a bolt in it, is there any play in the handle? where did you find the bolt at?

There's play, just don't tighten it down all the way and mess with it until it feels like stock.. I forget where the bolt came from but you should be able to get one at lowes or Home Depot that will work

i think its like a 5mm bolt. make sure it fits in there just right. to lose you wont be ablre to get the play out. too tight the handle wont go back in when you let go of it.

IIRC I used a #8 stainless bolt, get some nylon lock nuts to make it easier to assemble.