NBS 99 07 interior thread

I pulled the whole bag
4 10 mm bolts
Becareful with the big dash peices they break really easy
Ask me how i know
20120413_124720.jpg

lol yea i broke some off mine before no biggy...when i put it back on i just added some double side tape on the one i broke,,because that rattling will bother the shit out of you

Looking at dying the headliner on my truck and a buddy's crew cab black with rit dye. I'm pretty sure dying it won't be hard, but what do you guys reccommend for painting the hard pieces of plastic like the pull out pieces on the visors, the dome light surround, etc.? And what about changing the color of the grab handles? Or should I just leave them?
Reason being is I have the long overhead console in my '02 that's grey, so I wanted to make the painted pieces match as close as possible.

Grab handles, I used....come to think of it, cant remember.

Used the same stuff corny used on his interior, only inblack on the rubber grab handles. Hasn't worn off, or chipped, or flaked at all. Will grab pictures of it if ya want.

However, dont use it on the hard plastic pieces, wont stick worth a fuck. Litterally blows off. Wasn't in my prep, tried 3 times and I painted my flares/grill/caps and valance, wasn't in anything, the stuff is garbage for hard plastic.

Im selling my dash bezel for cheap. $60 shipped to the connecting 48.

99-02 Smoothed, shaved channel, and switch mounting holes made in it.

Great bezel for a guy with a bagged truck or looking to bag his truck.

Only reason im selling is because my accuair arrived today, so ill be installing next weekend
IMG_5028.jpg

truck011.jpg

truck009.jpg

Everything primed except the upperdash and 4 door panels
Also waiting on bretts bezel ,ive got about 20 hrs in right now its just a very slow process
It will pay off in the end,hoping to have it ready for base/clear in 1- 1 1/2 wks
This is 60+ pcs
20120414_205936.jpg

Everything primed except the upperdash and 4 door panels
Also waiting on bretts bezel ,ive got about 20 hrs in right now its just a very slow process
It will pay off in the end,hoping to have it ready for base/clear in 1- 1 1/2 wks
This is 60+ pcs
20120414_205936.jpg

Bad ass Peyton..what grid sand paper you start off with?

I scuffed with 180
wax and grease
adhesion promoter
prime
320 then 800,feels like glass,the filler primer drys in 10 min and sands very easy
Then alot of time you break through on the edges and got to bring it back in and prime some more,and repeat.PITA
Go invest in 30 dolla harbor freight gun,perfect for primer

I scuffed with 180
wax and grease
adhesion promoter
prime
320 then 800,feels like glass,the filler primer drys in 10 min and sands very easy
Then alot of time you break through on the edges and got to bring it back in and prime some more,and repeat.PITA
Go invest in 30 dolla harbor freight gun,perfect for primer

Ok cool..thats what I started with(180) on dash..already have wax and grease also...im gonna do mine in pieces though...gonna do dash and.pillars first then put it back on and start on the rest..I cant do.everything at once..looks like shit already with out dash..lol and plus is.my daily

Peyton are you doing the same color as the exterior? I think a nice satin color looks sick on interiors. Painted the same color would be way too much green IMO

Inside? I was thinking about pinstriping the console lid and possibly the upperdash
Gates already pinstriped
When the hd hood goes on it will be pinstriped
And will most likely do the console
Something like on my gate but w/o the kickers
Ive always loved pinstriping with hard lines
My gf wont let me go back in the tattoo shop for this reason bc i will come out will full tribal sleve
20120303_191732.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: eand28