Fastnloud5.3

Rustbucket
Jan 22, 2015
Mitten
May have a cluster for $20 working its at 200k my trucks only got around 170k. Do i have to reprogram the cluster or is it plug and play?

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Merge is stored in the cluster, so it would need to be reprogrammed. You'd probably have to go to the dealer with your stock cluster in the truck to show actual mileage, swap clusters, and then have it programmed.

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
It will work if you plug it in but you will have to have it programmed for the mileage to match.

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
Good luck getting a dealership to reprogram the miles for you. 99% of dealers will NOT reprogram it unless it's a new cluster with zero miles. I bought a Denali cluster with zero miles and plugged it up to test it out in my truck. Drove it for about 6-7 miles to get the trans up to temp to verify that the trans temp gauge was working. Then I go to get the miles programmed and every dealer in town here refused to do it because I had 7 miles on the cluster. I was like AYFKM??
Ended up selling the dam thing for what I paid for it because getting it programmed was too much of a hassle. I did end up getting another one a year later in a trade, and it's sitting in my closet STILL waiting to be programmed.
God I wish I had a Tech-2 and I would just do it myself!