CUB

Jan 2, 2011
Shreveport, LA
b1d907bd.jpg

Well I got le new tires from Colton. 275/45's now. Already feel lower than when I had my stock tires.
Now I have a gap.
Debating to #1 cut coils an inch? With a 1" shackle.

#2 2" drop springs on my coil relocators? Will that work? I'll have to obviously do 2" shackle and a notch most likely.
#3 Or just save for DJM arms/2" shackle/ notch. Which realistically i prob wont have the $600 for arms/notch till like fucking September.
#4 Just keep thuggin at 4/7 and enjoy not hitting my liners/fender wells on every bump with the new 45's...and concentrate on colormatching the front clip

Peyton676

Mar 10, 2012
Le Boot
Save cub
Either way you need to notch
You could maybe do 8in w/o a notch and helpers
Just go 6/9 and be done
Every time i drop i go more no use in cutting an inch then want more low and add arms then stuck at 7in

Well i know you dont drive your truck much
Re group cut an inch and shackle for 8in
You be fine w/o a notch on a rc then get the whole truck the same color

Last edited:

CUB

Jan 2, 2011
Shreveport, LA
I have lots of ppl telling me not to cut that 1" coil which is why I'm hesitant??
Say it messes with "spring rate", bad ride etc etc.
(Yea I don't drive much,34k in 5 years)

-Bill did the DJM arms etc.

Last edited:

Peyton676

Mar 10, 2012
Le Boot
Any time you cut coils you mess with spring rate
My coils ride better since i cut them imo
Personaly it needs 6/9 if it was mine it would have arms and cut coils for 7/10 would be close to my 6/9 nbs

Bill

Apr 7, 2012
McDonough, GA
Bil in da house...

My vote is to paint the hood and then drop more. When I was at 4/8 I did not need a notch, it was about 1.5" between my axle to my frame rail and it never hit. Now Im at 6/10 and with the set up I have now it rides great.

Djm arms
Belltech struts
notch
DJM 6" flip
Belltech 2" shackles
2" block
Belltech SP rear shocks

Alot of cutting out back and alot of rubbing in the front but I love it.

The 6/10
10x57xg.jpg

Last edited:

CUB

Jan 2, 2011
Shreveport, LA
Talk to me about the cutting in the rear and the front rub..Truck sits nice Bill.
So you're at a 4" difference. I have a little rake I think if I cut my coil and put a 2" shackle I would be pretty level.

** keep in mind these aren't RGV roads I'm fucking with. Both James and Joey came for Shreveport meet and said they don't know how we drive lowered trucks around here lol.

Last edited:

Bill

Apr 7, 2012
McDonough, GA
Another pic for Peyton
kejfq9.jpg

CUB:
nnbs rcsb will need an additional 4" of drop to the back to be perfectly level. About how low it will be, Im at a 6/10 and live on a dirt road in the middle of rural Georgia..it can be done. About the cutting: yes you will need to notch (yes they are a PITA), cut the support brace under the bed for clearance of the chunk, trim the factory leaf mounts down so they fit up in the notch without hitting it, and the front tries will be very close to the finder liners (roughly .5") they will scrub all the time for the first 100miles then they will rub a hole in the liners and you are good to go. The front lip is 2.5" off of the ground and the trans cross member is about 3"-3.5" off of the ground, so that makes it to where you can't go over speed bumps, can't go in entrances where it is too steep, etc. But don't let what I just said scare you, just wanted to give you the facts. Its a great ride and I wouldn't have it any other way. Trust me you will never regret going lower.

Last edited:

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
Damn Bill, I would fucking kill for my truck to be that low. That stance is absolutely perfect with the back a tad lower.

bagged00

Mar 21, 2012
Any time you cut coils you mess with spring rate
My coils ride better since i cut them imo
Personaly it needs 6/9 if it was mine it would have arms and cut coils for 7/10 would be close to my 6/9 nbs

not so sure about this peyton. if your changing spring rate its a very small amount. thats the purpose in using a cut off wheel, keeps the heat down from changin the spring rate. cut it with a torch, yea your definately changin spring rate.

CUB

Jan 2, 2011
Shreveport, LA
Another pic for Peyton
kejfq9.jpg

CUB:
nnbs rcsb will need an additional 4" of drop to the back to be perfectly level. About how low it will be, Im at a 6/10 and live on a dirt road in the middle of rural Georgia..it can be done. About the cutting: yes you will need to notch (yes they are a PITA), cut the support brace under the bed for clearance of the chunk, trim the factory leaf mounts down so they fit up in the notch without hitting it, and the front tries will be very close to the finder liners (roughly .5") they will scrub all the time for the first 100miles then they will rub a hole in the liners and you are good to go. The front lip is 2.5" off of the ground and the trans cross member is about 3"-3.5" off of the ground, so that makes it to where you can't go over speed bumps, can't go in entrances where it is too steep, etc. But don't let what I just said scare you, just wanted to give you the facts. Its a great ride and I wouldn't have it any other way. Trust me you will never regret going lower.

Yea fuckkkk that shit. 5/8 it is

Gonna knock this front end out while I get the shackles and shit going.
Dont be scare to get low cub
Little motivation
Fresh cut yard
20120307_160042-1.jpg
DNW at all

Last edited: