My OBS 2door 2wd thread

96twodoor

Doo-ley owner
May 22, 2012
Bossier city Louisiana
Figured I'd make a thread for my Tahoe on here . Ill skip showing every mod and give you guys the cliff notes . I'll probably log the progress on my dually on here also, Im way too lazy to update two threads.
Edit: Please forgive the pics , I'm really not a photograher
First Ill start with a little history on my 2dr. I bought it with the intention of just being my daily but when I ended up selling my OOBS I had at the time so it was my only truck I had to tinker with.

This is what I started with, it needed some work as you can see ( powersteering leaking , needed an alignment , incorrect mirrors) but overall it was solid.
1026101643-00.jpg

My old truck in the background on this pic.
1026101643-02.jpg

Got it home , swaped the mirrors and pulled off the digusting taillights covers
DSC06211.jpg

DSC06215.jpg

Drove it pretty much like that for a couple months then once my 84 was gone I got bored and started colormatched (actully more like colorcloseing) stuff slowly. Some where in here I dropped it another 2in up front and 1 in the rear.
IMAG0548-1.jpg

IMAG0550.jpg

IMAG0549.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

Then about the same time I scored some 454SS wheels (not my first choice but its better than what I had) and bought a new grill and painted it .
IMAG0238.jpg

IMAG0241.jpg

It still didnt sit low enough for me so I finally found some factory 2dr leaf springs and finally got it down to where I wanted it .
IMAG0432-1.jpg

IMAG0397.jpg

threw a GMC grill on there for awhile didnt care for it much.
IMAG0450.jpg

Sooooooo off it came and my cheby grill went back on ,Also a cowl hood from another project that was about to get sold off.
IMAG0506.jpg

DSC06407.jpg

Which brings me to how it sits now , I got some black center caps along with black billet grills I had on it with the chrome headlights.
DSC04960.jpg

IMAG0678.jpg

Feel free to comment and let me know what you think , you wont hurt my feelings .

I was droolin over this thing at the meet, nice whip for sure. I think anyone who likes fullsize GM trucks would give their third nut for a clean, well maintained 2dr tahoe.

So like most guys I know that are into trucks I've always wanted a crew cab dually , plus I love oobs's so when a trade offer came up for a truck I didnt have a barely anything in I jumped on it. Plus it was already dropped when I got it .

The day I got it ,
IMAG0514.jpg

20120211_174130.jpg

Can't really tell in the pics but the hood was destroyed by hail ( Im assuming it was off another truck , roof and top of bed are fine) so I pulled a hood out the junkyard and some buddies convinced me to leave it this color .....for now . I picked up a phantom grill also but im not sold on it, think a factory front end is going to go back on it one of these days.

IMAG0555.jpg

IMAG0769.jpg

I havnt had my 1 ton of fun very long so thats about it . Been mainly doing boring maintenance and tune up stuff just to get it more up to speed.

I do plan on
-lose the HUGE mirrors (already ordered new 1/2 ton mirrors )
-hot rod flatz black the whole truck
-powdercoat factory wheels candy red of blue ( Im a realist , Im way too broke for semi wheels )
-overdrive trans (3 speed + 4.10s = 9 mpg highway )
-

I was droolin over this thing at the meet, nice whip for sure. I think anyone who likes fullsize GM trucks would give their third nut for a clean, well maintained 2dr tahoe.

<<<----- this guy would give his 3 knees and 5 nuts for one

Wanted to update the thread , I traded the hoe for this 2 owner 78 rcsb with only 80k on it . Future plans are porterbuilt dropmember and Coys C-57s .Right now its completely stock.
IMAG0870.jpg

Any updates on the '78?....could have sworn I saw the Tahoe the other day. You trade it to someone local?