Bull bar
Halo headlights
Bed rails
Waste of money and look like shit

Remove 4x4 sticker
Colormatch your handles and pretty much everything you can

Wheels and tires
Chrome or black would look good, all depends on what style you like
To fit your budget I would browse Craigslist for some different stockers and some m/t tires, I always find good deals on toyos with decent tread
Hope I helped

No1Limit

Nov 29, 2012
Maine
Truck needs a lot of work
DO NOT GET
Bull bar
Halo headlights
Bed rails
Waste of money and look like shit

Remove 4x4 sticker
Colormatch your handles and pretty much everything you can

Wheels and tires
Chrome or black would look good, all depends on what style you like
To fit your budget I would browse Craigslist for some different stockers and some m/t tires, I always find good deals on toyos with decent tread
Hope I helped

Alright thanks for the suggestions, I never thought about color matching. I forgot to mention I live in Maine so things wear down pretty quick up here, so i'm not sure how well color matching the bumper/bumpers will work out durability wise....

No1Limit

Nov 29, 2012
Maine
Alright thanks for the tip, i wasnt sure how exactly the picture would come out.... maybe i can edit it... cool it worked

GR$$N$

Super Moderator
Mar 13, 2012
southern cali
if you get everything colormatched from a shop that knows what they're doing it will hold up to how your paint on your truck holds up. remember cheaper isnt always better.and do what brandon said on what not to get.im not a fan of the step bars you're talking about especially on a single cab because they look too big.i'd consider doing a different step setup. as for wheels im a fan of black wheels but either way whatever you choose. also im a fan of methods so it all just depends on what way you want to go

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Hey guys, new here and I just bought a truck its a 4.8 4x4, i have one picture now as its at home and im in college, so i will get more later. I have a few grand i can put into it and here is what i want so far, just would like some input on colors/if it looks dumb.... and what tires/wheels i should put on it...
I either want to go chrome or black accessories... it has mostly black right now

- Rough Country leveling kit - http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_99-06_leveling_kit.html i would get the rear blocks too
- bull bar
- step bars - any input on if 3" or 4" is better?
- bed rails
- Flowmaster exhaust
- Halo headlights

- LED tail lights
- Tailgate light bar - 60" w/ turn signals
- Fender flares or trim?? could use some input on that
- if i go chrome, various chrome accessories like door handles, grill, tailgate handles ect.
- Rims + Tires, im open to suggestions to which ones people like/ would be best
I hope this pictures works.....

Thanks guys! from what i see you are all pretty helpful!

600375_3985268874130_1715048780_n.jpg

this is troll talk...if you in fact enjoy these things, this forum may not be for you...prepare your anus, it will be a bumpy ride

No1Limit

Nov 29, 2012
Maine
Well i apologize for asking for input on the ideas.... I looked around and found some things that i could get, sorry if you are all butt hurt about it

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
butt hurt?

ok...I'll make it simple and easy for ya...that shit in red...don't do it. unless you want to trash your ride up...and if so, fsc or gmfs may be your thing, they like ugly shit

No1Limit

Nov 29, 2012
Maine
Thanks for the suggestions, I was just putting things out there... Now it seems most of you have agreed on a certain style and after looking at various members trucks I see what you all mean about paint matching items and just keeping it simple, its a good look

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
Forum co-owner running off new member? :lolwut:

Chrome looks better on that color imo. But idk how much salt they use in Maine if chrome would last long or be a pain in the ass to keep clean. But for sure color match. If you want halo lights, just get denali headlights.

sent from your HTC Rezound

Last edited:

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Oh, and you asked for opinions...opinions can often times be perceived as harsh...don't receive them in that manner, I am merely trying to give you my thoughts. Settle down, it only gets worse from here until subtle improvements are made. We are bastard children here, the black sheep of the truck forums, enjoy your stay.

GR$$N$

Super Moderator
Mar 13, 2012
southern cali
fucking jared :rofl: connor. do what you wish.but like stated if you do all the chroming you will get bashed on here. check out most of the members trucks on here and check out build threads and see what you like and what you dont like and build off that.

Adjusted

Super Moderator
Feb 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
Unfortunate note: you can't put the site owners/admins on ignore list.

Welcome dude, best tips I can give you are to watch and learn, and take things in stride; as you can see people have no problem telling you their honest opinion - negative or positive. It is the Internet.