Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Making a build thread for my Jeep. Brett doesn't like it, other might or might not :idgaf: it really is one of the funnest vehicles I've had.

Stock specs for those that aren't familiar with them are
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0 I6
NSG-370 6 speed manual, 4.46 1st gear
NV241 Rock-Trac tcase with 4:1 low, fixed yoke
Air locked Dana 44s front and rear, rear is limited slip when unlocked, 4.11 gears, 1330 U-joints
Diamond plate rocker gaurds
16x8 wheels
4 wheel disc brakes
7 speaker stereo with sub in the center

Mine had 265/75 Pirelli Scorpion ATRs(suck fuck, need to go away) instead of 245/75 Goodyear MTRs that were stock, Luverne tube steps, Draw Tie hitch and an Alpine cd player. Also came with both tops.

I haven't done much to it yet
Smittybilt G.E.A.R. seatcover, just one for now
Tossed in a sub and amp I had because the stocker was blown
Have 2" coil spacers for the front and 1" for the rear just haven't had time when the weather was decent to get them in
Locker bypass mod, factory they only lock in 4 low, bypass allows them to be locked in any range under 10 mph and they auto unlock at 45
Took off the bumper jugs(makes the bumpers narrower), tube steps and dealer sticker off

Plans
New stereo, new speakers, thinking mini Fosgate amp and a Punch 1 8 in the center
Xenon 4" flat fender flares
285/75 Goodyear MTR Kevlars
Bedline the interior so I can take the carpet out for summer
Locking box for under the drivers seat
Swaybar disconnects
Winch
Exhaust of some kind
Harley mirrors or Mirror movers, move mirrors from top door hinge on door to windshield hinge because I use my mirrors and don't want to lose them when I take the doors off

Pics
1462113_10201516032400726_1392071071_n.jpg

At the dealership

Yes the lights on the bumper are factory, its my fog lights

I'll throw up some pics of the bumpers before I took the jugs off

Did a couple shitties in the snow

Last edited:

j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
as much as I think you are a fgt for paying what you did for that thing, the gf had a jeep (until a 16 year old girl smacked and totaled it) was a great all around vehicle.
Her parents bought it new in 01, cherokee limited with the 4.0 I6. She got it at 16, and I "inherited" it if you will when she was ~20ish. had 70k on it at the time, and we drove the piss out of it until it had 128k when it was hit. Never skipped a beat, was great for camping, road trips, did great in 4wd. Will give a big +1 for that vehicle. The only negative I can give it, is it didnt tow shit. Put a golf cart on a trailer behind it, fucker was dying.

Nice jeep dude, I just like to give you shit for it. Plans sound good and enjoy it! But please dont put gay rims on it

Jordan

OG CGM Member
Jan 25, 2011
Old Town, ME
Holy shit, the BFG M/Ts they put on them stock make those things, without an M/T it looks so weird. Other than that, I can dig it. I'd love to have one to ride around in the summer with.

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
I got dat Jerp DD also, mine is a bit older and less convertible but does have dat sunroof.

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
108826-lg.jpg

These are the flares I want but would leave them black.

Supposed to be mid 40's Monday so coil spacers will be put in, it will get cleaned up and probably going to take the doors off because 40 will feel like summer to me after the last couple weeks.

AlwaysSomethin

Apr 8, 2012
Tippy, yet using coil spacers...hmmm. I'm the world's least comfortable with body roll, and 100% comfortable in that lil yellow fucker. I'm not certain exactly how it's lifted, I know he changed coils, two arms in the front suspension. It's solid. I'll have to get specs from him. Front bumper he made. 12k winch. I picked on it hard until we climbed/wheeled in it some. Surprisingly capable.

AlwaysSomethin

Apr 8, 2012
It's only 4". 33s. He's a Fab nut. Has a built up sami as well. Seriously best riding/handling jeep I've ever been in.

AlwaysSomethin

Apr 8, 2012
It looks it. But it isnt. We detailed it this weekend. That was why I had the clean pic haha. It's an 05 with 30k on it. Said it's OME HD springs/bilstein 5100s. pikachu

AlwaysSomethin

Apr 8, 2012
I like it, and usually despise TJ/JKs. Rubicon makes it legit though. Broke a gay ass fog off washing it lol. We are working on picking up Totron as a wholesaler, then all Aux lights will be LEDs, and a bar across the top if we can make it look decent, and one above the winch. Rear bar and aux lights when he builds the tube rear. Will also hold rear plate instead of body mounted. Has Morimoto sealed7s preordered, stock lights,even with fogs are horrible.