Cornell

Pepper your Angus
Jan 25, 2011
I bought this truck in CL a couple months ago because my friend wanted it and I had cash on me at the time.

Its his now and he wants to make it into a autocross truck to mess with imports if he can.

Plans:
Coilovers up front to get rid of t bars and help handling. He put those in today:

e6amagyz.jpg

u9a9u5aj.jpg

He wants a rear sway bar and to lower the rear to match the front. Opinions are welcome on hows the best way to go about it. I've never lowered a vehicle. I told him to het shackles and take the overload out.

It already handles better though. The front tires lose grip and the truck has very little roll up front

Cornell

Pepper your Angus
Jan 25, 2011
Forgot to mention other plans:

HD hood
Short bed conversion with fleetside bed
We're going up to his shop now to put LML 20s on it.
Will probably do cleared lights/signal lamps
Rear sway bar
Colormatching mirrors and handles

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Can you get some fender to hub measurements on the front..looks like its probably 2 or 3 inch drop so to be level itll need 5"..flip kit with lift shackle would be the easiest way or he could pull overload, 2" shackles and 2" hangers and get a little over 4" out back

Cornell

Pepper your Angus
Jan 25, 2011
Can you get some fender to hub measurements on the front..looks like its probably 2 or 3 inch drop so to be level itll need 5"..flip kit with lift shackle would be the easiest way or he could pull overload, 2" shackles and 2" hangers and get a little over 4" out back

Yeah I can do that. We just put the 2011+ 20s on

6aze5e9y.jpg

aga6y7u5.jpg

Reactions: eand28

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Looks good and a flip kit with lift shackle would probably handle better, also are the old duratracs 265/75s?

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
I have the Hellwig rear swaybar on mine and I love it, along with upgraded front endlinks. For a complete kit, I'd go with hotchkis though.

Cornell

Pepper your Angus
Jan 25, 2011
Looks good and a flip kit with lift shackle would probably handle better, also are the old duratracs 265/75s?

Yeah they are 265/75s. I'll do some searching and see what's the best way to lower the rear.

Quick chop..brought the rear down, short bed, cleared lights, debadged
vy6ahy3u.jpg

Fixed that for ya

Damn that looks good. I sent it to him last night.

I have the Hellwig rear swaybar on mine and I love it, along with upgraded front endlinks. For a complete kit, I'd go with hotchkis though.

I'll look into it. Thanks!

why not just have him join?

He can't figure out how to use forums lol. He's used to FB and IG and it's too complicated I guess.

Kyles03

nbs
Jan 26, 2011
Minnesota
Is that where cars and coffee takes place? I still have yet to make it there.

Truck will turn out great, is he keeping the flares?

Cornell

Pepper your Angus
Jan 25, 2011
Tell him to lower the rear asap, looks goof as hell like that :laugh:

Yeah I'm ordering some stuff for him tonight to get the rear down.

Is that where cars and coffee takes place? I still have yet to make it there.

Truck will turn out great, is he keeping the flares?

Yeah that's where cars and coffee is. He owns a 40x40' and 30x80' garages there. Not sure if he's keeping the flares or not.

DirtyBlackHD

Mmmmk
Jan 23, 2011
Www.google.com
Neat project but being competitive in autox will be pretty hard. He will need an aggressive track alignment, very stiff sway bars, proper coilover tuning, aggressive track pads...even calipers, some very sticky tires(hoosier a6 or better) and proper wheels(17" at largest), lower it way down, not to mention losing weight wherever possible to make up for the boat anchor up front

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
i am sure he wont be actually competitive with the big boys cause he will most likely daily the truck, but would be fun to beat out some punk ass kids in ricer civics