My Bagged '92 GMC ecsb build thread

blue_92_sierra

Dec 19, 2012
Vermilion, Alberta
some guys probably know me from gmt400, fsc and gmfs.. found this site, figured id make a build thread on my 1992 gmc extended cab. bought this truck when i was 15 years old and rebuilt it from the ground up with my dad for my 16th birthday. the cab corners were rusted out and the bed was dented and the motor had a knock. we stripped it down to the frame and rebuilt the 5.7L motor, installed and new 700r4 transmission and rear end as well as a new rust/dent free cab and bed. the interior was pretty plan jane.. no power windows or locks and had the rubber floor. that got torn apart and we installed power windows and locks, new carpet and bucket seats out of a rcsb so it now has the full load except for leather which is on the to do list. the truck got a fresh coat of paint in 2009 once i turned 16 in the spring. i kept it the original color, gm bahama blue. not gonna talk about every single thing i did to the truck or ill be here all day lol..

before and after..
photo-24.jpg

engine bay.. i need headers!
olblue350.jpg

drove it around with a 4/6 drop for 2 years and it just wasnt low enough so this past summer i finally got everything i need to lay frame on 22's!! the truck went under the knife this September (2012) and has been an on going project so far thats been keeping me busy through winter.

couple pics before she went under the knife..
010-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

photoshop of my 92 laid out..
olbluebags.jpg

Yeah I've seen this truck on other sites! Love it! Look forward to seeing it laying frame.

thanks guys!

Welcome from another bagged OBS owner.

hopefully i will have enough money saved during the year, that i can replace my current rear setup with something more reliable, I also want to get the setup with the manifold for the valves, and pre set ride heights.

i will be running the Airlift Autopilot V2 manifold and digital control box. it is a pressure based system that i can save up to 8 different ride heights on and the control box displays the pressure in each bag and also my airtank as well. i can also lift each bag individually or front and rear together. another kit you can run is the accuair kit. i would have liked to run this kit but its pretty pricey so i went with the Airlift kit. with accuair your ride height is set up and determined by censors, where as the kit im using is a pressure based kit. both seem very easy to install, basically just plug and play!

Thanks for the comments. Hopefully start doing more work on the truck after Christmas. been taking a break from the truck now with snowmobile season in full swing up here in the mountains

always loved your truck, never saw your build threads and just always thought it was just a clean OBS to start with good job.