My 2014 LTZ Build Thread

What brand fogs and how do you like them

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

05d038e221b8eee087c58c33a1acd16a.jpg

2" shackles and stock block removed.

Debadge is next. Going to take off all the emblems but not sure if I should take off the chrome door trim or not? Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The door trim isn't terrible imo. I'd pull everything else first and see how it look with it on there.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I think the door trim works since the handles are chrome, but it would look good either way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Needing some input. Planning on buying my drop kit in about a month or two. Just gonna roll a 4/7 on stockers for now. Going with the 7" Belltech flip kit, shock extenders, n belltech street performance rear shocks in the rear. Was planning on going with the Belltech 2211 Spindle and Belltech 0",1",2" lowering front strut in the front but have been searching around and have heard from a good buddy of mine that the DJM upper and lower 4" control arms are the way to go in the front but talked to Kris at Suspension Source about them and she said you lose mad turning radius and have some pretty bad bumpsteer with them. Just wanting to do it right the first time so I don't have problems in the future and have to replace parts. Keep in mind I want to go 6/9 on 24s in the future. Thanks

Personally I would go struts and spindles. I have djm uppers and lowers and I gained a little turning radius over that I lost with my spindles but the bumpsteer was horrible. I don't know how the turning radius is compared to stock but I'd listen to what Kristina said because she knows her shit. Based on what James told me about his setup on his nnbs with the struts and belltech spindles, I'd definitely go that route.

Personally I would go struts and spindles. I have djm uppers and lowers and I gained a little turning radius over that I lost with my spindles but the bumpsteer was horrible. I don't know how the turning radius is compared to stock but I'd listen to what Kristina said because she knows her shit. Based on what James told me about his setup on his nnbs with the struts and belltech spindles, I'd definitely go that route.

Thanks man. Appreciate the input

Just did the full debadge. Went ahead and removed the chrome door moldings as well for a cleaner look. Happy I did.

Muffler swap next. Trying to decide if I want to go with Magnaflow, Borla or Carven still.
LED lows and fogs conversion
Billet front bow tie
Colormatch
Possibly billet grill w LTZ emblem (haven't decided yet).
Then after I get done with most of the cosmetics I'm going to order my 4/7 lowering kit from Kris at SuspensionSource. Decided to run all Belltech parts

Any other suggestions or comments before I order drop feel free to state your opinion

b9974d200f6410b2cf262cb45252f65d.jpg

581e996faf2e1da944de417328f27de2.jpg

c23c0b6b11f86924e0561ae56a482d47.jpg

Having some trouble deciding which muffler I want to order up. They're all 3" Single Inlet/3" single outlet mufflers. Also stainless steel is a must. First one is a 14" oval case Magnaflow. Second is the 12" oval case Borla XR1 and last one is a 14" oval case Borla ProXS.
Not familiar with any of the Oval mufflers so I'm going to try one out. Heard they produce a deeper tone. I want just a mellow deep tone that isn't annoying and can be loud when I want it to be. Going to just have it dumped for now so preferably one with less drone even tho I don't think these mufflers produce much drone. Any input is appreciated. I'm leaning more towards the Magnaflow as I had them on my Camaro SS with longtubes and loved the sound!