bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
I started this page over because it turned into 5 pages of random info and back and forth info that had nothing to do with what was going on, so I asked J to delete the old one to begin a new one when I got more into the build and back on track.

This is how she sat when I took her off the lot
2011 GMC Crew Cab "Bayou Edition"

sboqc6.jpg

First thing I did was paint the front logo:
mj1iyr.jpg

Next came the wheels:
24" Boss 330 wheels wrapped in Toyo 295/30/24

Picture of my fiance with the wheel before putting on the wheels
1d9mp.jpg

and on the truck:
148kjlz.jpg

Then I had her rhino lined, tinted, and I de-badged all the logos on the truck:
figured you guys have seen one bed liner you have seen any bed liner so I left that out...
24cbmdf.jpg

I bought my MCG 4/6 from steelesierra on here and I just got my belltech shocks and struts from NorcalSS so that should be done in a couple weeks when I have the opportunity:
inu8mo.jpg

Then let us jump to now...

she still sits 4/6 on helpers, removed molding, tinted tails, RE-TINTED to limo, colormatched handles

Now on the waiting list is how she currently sits. Fast has my headlight for clearing and installing the FXR projectors which is not freaking cheap but should come out hopefulyl amazing. I have Bonspeed Huntington Billets waiting to go on. Hopefully will be removing my axle sometime this week. My denali HD front grille, HD lower grille and air deflector just came in, have an HD tailgate cap, and have my tailgate handle relocator kit to shave my gate soon as well. Now for pics...

2uihp35.jpg

2repik9.jpg

kaikxk.jpg

x2vrz5.jpg

oixzb.jpg

k0nasz.jpg

j6kh89.jpg

w2157b.jpg

122mfrn.jpg

2zji7h0.jpg

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
:nice:

Can't wait to see it on the new wheels.

Me too since I have been sitting on them for awhile now. Hopefully sometime the upcoming week/next weekend the axle will be removed and sent off to be narrowed. Don't remember how long they quoted, believe a week. But when I bring my axle to be dropped off, will try to have everything mounted and balanced and have the front on to give an idea of what they will look like!

Getting excited not that everything is starting to fall into place!

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
FINALLY back in the country. Just came back from South Korea last night and am jet lagged like a mofo. Hopefully I will be able to keep myself awake long enough to get some things done on the truck, but for those that might be intetrested in this kind of stuff...this is why I have gotten no time to work on my truck. bagged_sierra knows exactly what I am talking about since he was out here, we just had opposite shifts it seems before he left.

xbb9ft.jpg

2vcguo7.jpg

1j9std.jpg

But now that I am back, I am hoping to take my bumpers off to bring to paint. I will start working on my HD front conversion and sometime this week will be pulling the axle out to get narrowed. Will be a busy week. Still waiting on my headlights from fast, but as of now hoping to have everything finished by beginning of next week except the axle.

Jordan

OG CGM Member
Jan 25, 2011
Old Town, ME
Very cool, I have a LOT of friends that work on ships/rigs since I went to school at Maine Maritime Academy. In for progress on the truck.

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
Back is off. Turned truck around to hopefully get to the axle in the next couple of days. I almost want to wait till the weekend to pull it off so I can do the conversion but I've been waiting so damn long to take the axle out and I think I want to be ready for billets more than anything.

naduhu7e.jpg

More difficult than the regular HD front? How so?

I meant I read taking nnbs rear bumper off is a bitch and people were complaining. It wasn't bad at all. 6 rivets, 1 pull tab, and 1 bolt per side.

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
Just dropped bumpers and radiator cover off to paint. Estimated to have back around Saturday and will begin the HD front then. Planning to remove axle tomorrow when I get back from the office.

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
Dat hover truck

mebamytu.jpg

Rear axle is just sitting there, having a friend come help me to just pull it out from underneath to make sure I don't fuck everything up and then prep for moser.

One step closer to billets!