My 2011 GMC Crew Build (Bayou Betty)

Can't blame you man! I'd do all I could to at least make it that much harder to get away with

Can't blame you man! I'd do all I could to at least make it that much harder to get away with

yup, that is at least my theory...hah

I need to start putting together a punch list of what exactly I want to do motor wise.

Once she is bagged and the gate is shaved and painted, exterior will be just about finished until the final paint. I will not do paint until everything else is done. In my head, I want paint to be the very last thing I do. Paint wise I will just do probably the black cadillac pearl, but not sure. I will keep the truck black.

Anyways things I still need to figure out with motor...
Note: this is a 5.3
Turbo vs supercharger
what cam to run (I see a lot fo people running z06 cams with the 5.3)
what headers to run
what gears to run
and a few other things

I have signed up on pt.net to do a lot of reading and find what I can

My first motor build also so I am not sure where to start. I am not looking to go absolutely outrageous on the motor trying to run something outrageous in a quarter, I just want to pop the hood and have a nice setup with some nice numbers hehind it.

I know Jenna and them at BBP has some supercharger setups also, so I might start talking with them sometime mid next year, we shall see. I was also looking at the edelbrock complete setups such as this:

Edelbrock.com - E-Force Superchargers - Fuel Injected - Street Legal Kit - GM Truck & SUV's

no idea yet, but I know I plan to save and just dive in at all once. The motor will not be a gradual build as the exterior has been. It will be a big teardown and buildup.

Will definitely keep an eye on the build. Sounds like good plans. My truck is a 4.slow. I get out of college and start a job in September so going to start stacking bag parts and try to bag it next year and drive it for awhileeee before anything motor wise lol

well it just became official with NFamus, talked with them today and put money down to reserve a spot December/January. Most likely looking at my schedule, it will be around January 2nd when I make the drive so my wife and I can have like a 4 day weekend while we are there anyway.

this is the slowest...hitch...ever...

only because I know what is waiting when I return. January is just going to take forever and April will never get here

this is the slowest...hitch...ever...

only because I know what is waiting when I return. January is just going to take forever and April will never get here

I feel your pain, last hitch seem to take forever for me because i was ready to be home and start tearing into my truck. What was normal 28 day hitch it felt like I had been on the ship for 8 weeks. I cant imagine having to wait till January.

Yup if anyone knows the feeling it would be you. Especially in Korea...lol. I think January won't be too bad because at least I'll have my truck still, right now it's still in pieces and scattered everywhere across BR, lol. But I know when I come home that weekend she will be finished and driveable again. Been waiting forever to put the damn billets on!

PS, if you are serious about the boss wheels, PM me and we can talk.

Appreciate it Jared. I was hoping to have her done and at the Shreveport meet but I got put into the same situation as you. I got switched projects inside my company by Marathons request which is what has me stuck in Korea...and unfortunately the switch put me working the meet and when my axle was finished. So now, I just wait...

It happens, probably for the best financially. Look at it this way, you have the money to blow, and the good job to net that money. Everyone hates their job for some reason...life isn't perfect.

You'll be happy as a young pup raping a stuffed animal.

Don't think I could have put that any better! Also been keeping an eye on your build also, coming along nicely, especially now that you can get your tubs done!

Well, I got setback yesterday. Not gonna make a big deal about it, because the guy doing the work is taking full responsiblity and fixing it, but the truck was damaged in a fender bender, hood, bumper, fender and headlight for sure. So that has set me back a bit. I found out last night at work. He was nice enough to not call me while I was sleeping to tell me. Guy seems to be 100% stand up, already ordered the fender. I told him I would work with him fully, and he is going the extra mile for me by welding up my rear bumper (spare tire bullshit) and painting it. I told him I would buy the headlight (denali) to wash the cost of paint and labor on the bumper. He is also installing my shackles and rolling my fenders too, all for a price that couldn't be matched.

Been a hell of a month, and not getting better, but what can you do?

Well, I got setback yesterday. Not gonna make a big deal about it, because the guy doing the work is taking full responsiblity and fixing it, but the truck was damaged in a fender bender, hood, bumper, fender and headlight for sure. So that has set me back a bit. I found out last night at work. He was nice enough to not call me while I was sleeping to tell me. Guy seems to be 100% stand up, already ordered the fender. I told him I would work with him fully, and he is going the extra mile for me by welding up my rear bumper (spare tire bullshit) and painting it. I told him I would buy the headlight (denali) to wash the cost of paint and labor on the bumper. He is also installing my shackles and rolling my fenders too, all for a price that couldn't be matched.

Been a hell of a month, and not getting better, but what can you do?

holy crap man, that sucks, but sounds like you will come out in the end. At least he is a stand up guy and you will come out better in the end. That has always been my biggest fear leaving my truck anywhere. I know with NFamus having my truck for 3-4 months it will most likely be in the shop the whole time, but I am sure they will take it out and make sure everything is smooth and as you have just proved, shit happens...

just glad to see he is making things right

the official layout with NFamus

2w4ifbk.png

thanks man, but we are looking like it will be till late march, early april till she will be officially bagged and ready. I am just ready for her to be on the road again...lol

True that..are you gonna get it back together static and roll until it goes in or is it going straight to nfamus?