bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
Yeah I got my bumpers and radiator cover on weds before I left for the Cayman Islands. I was suppose to get my headlights this Tues when I return, but after polishing he noticed a nice scratch/crack in the lens that might have been caused by him, so we are working that out. What's worst is I can't put my grille or anything on until I get my headlights. I have the 1500 Denali grille on the way as well.

HD grille and chrome tows are up for sale on my for sale ad if anyone is interested as well.

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
Small update...

Good & bad news.
Bad news is my axle will not be ready by the time I head offshore, so will be waiting another month before you guys get to see the rims on the truck.
Also due to being offshore, will not be able to come to the Shreveport meet as I mentioned on the other post.

Good news
Got the back bumper on
evana9ed.jpg

And Phil got everything fixed up with my headlights, so they should ship out today
uba9e9ur.jpg

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
depends when my next rotation will be. This might be my last trip to Korea for the year, depending upon a certain situation. Very rarely do we back to back months at a time like this, but it does happen. Every year we usually have 2 big projects that take a month and just a bunch of small projects. Because I am back to backing like this, I have had this whole month of June off pretty much, which is why I took my trip to the Caymans for my brother in laws wedding and am doing so much to the truck at one time. Have to do it while I have the chance. It does get old and in the end, sometimes money is not everything, but like everyone else, I am putting my time in. My next promotion will stop this which should be in about a year and a half.

GingerCrew

Nov 16, 2012
Just west of DFW
Oh ok well that's good, contemplating going to work for pioneer natural resources. Frac'ing in west texas, just don't know if I would be able to do the 2 weeks on 1 off. If I was single no problem, but the wife is what I'm worried about.

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
Love those head lights, be safe out there!

Thanks man and will do. Sometimes it is preparing yourself that is the hardest mental part, and get there and it is no big deal, lol.

Oh ok well that's good, contemplating going to work for pioneer natural resources. Frac'ing in west texas, just don't know if I would be able to do the 2 weeks on 1 off. If I was single no problem, but the wife is what I'm worried about.

Same problem here, but I have been doing it for 2 years now. Wife has kind of adjusted to it. Only problem that has recently come up is that it seems that after we got married in December, things have gotten a lot busier so I have been gone a lot more. She makes the comment why is it we get married and now you are on these huge projects that have you gone so long. Just have to put in the time and move up in the industry. My next move is to Houston, so I will be out there in a year and half to two years.

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
ship me your old wheels and tires :rock:

when they come off when I get back they will go up for sale and we can def talk.

Anyways just a small update since I am out of country and cannot physically work on the truck....my bonus came through and I got the go ahead from the boss at home to make a phone call. I will be in touch shortly to put money down on my spot at NFamus. Timezones make it difficult to discuss, but everything has already been planned out and priced, will probably take an opening in December/January. It will take them approximately 4 months to build.

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
Four months? They building a new frame?

No, they are re-working front suspension, 3 link rear suspension, air management system, accuaur e-level, rasied bed floor, modifying fire wall and relocating everything under the hood

those are the only projector NNBS lights i have seen that dont look terrible

yeah, I like the way they came out a lot. They dont stick out like a sore thumb with a cheap and crazy looking ebay design and I had liked the idea of just retrofitting the stocks

Last edited:

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
Definitly is a lot of work, just seems like a long time to me. :shrug:

yeah they quoted 3 to 4 but I just assume 4. I guess since they usually have 4 builds going on about the same time, they just take their time with each. I do not mind waiting since it is not a daily and it gives me that piece of mind with them doing it.

PS boss wheels will go up for sale in 18 days...a longggggg 18 days

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
got my black tow hooks and lug nuts in. Might be pointless, but I will be running two different sets of lock lugs on the billets so that no matter what, it will be a pain in the ass to steal. I know if they want them they will get them, but damn I will try what I can to stop it. Might make it more time consuming on my end but fuck it, worth it to me.

Now just to come home and get my axle!