bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
Love the progress man, always been a fan of your truck.

That light looks badass

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys.

Came across a slight issue today. Since I am still waiting on bumpers to return from paint, I went to take a loot at the lower grille. I knew it would need to be fitted, but after further looking, it is pretty much impossible for me to retrofit this grille to get a clean look. I thought the guy with blue truck (I forget his name every single time) did it, but looking at it closer he is actually running the 1500 lower grille.

So if anyone is interested, I'll have a 2500 Denali HD lower grille going up for sale soon. I still need to put up my other parts for sale also, just been slacking and I already have people waiting for the old grille and the tow hooks that will come off shortly.

ckalke

Mar 1, 2013
love this build man. the truck looks unreal. Cant wait to see the bumpers. If I dont get an all terrain I'll b color matchin the bumpers one day. How much did it run you to get them painted?

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
love this build man. the truck looks unreal. Cant wait to see the bumpers. If I dont get an all terrain I'll b color matchin the bumpers one day. How much did it run you to get them painted?

500 for front bumper, back bumper, and radiator cover.

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
Good god man that's fuckin highway robbery , I could get front and rear bumpers powdered both for 120.. Radiator cover painted prob for another 120

That's after several quotes also. Nobody wanted to even touch them because of the chrome. A good friend even quoted 550. I went to about 5 or 6 places and that was the cheapest unfortunately, and was actually recommended by carbongmc where he got his done.

So I ended up going with it. BR man, pretty much everything is just crazy expensive, but I figure if that's what it takes to have everything painted properly, then so be it. He hand sanded, primed, painted and cleared everything. If it comes out properly, then I can't complain even though it was a little high, worth it to me.

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
Fuck remind me not to move there

Yup, unfortunately I have noticed it a good bit. Anything local has a heftier tag which if I had the time to travel out to drop them off I would, but when I finally get the opening to get work done I gotta take it. I try my hardest to get majority of work done by some good friends of mine, but they have even been swamped which is why the axle has taken so long, but out of everywhere I have searched, almost impossible to have someone touch the axle, which is why I'm taking it out myself and bringing to my friend to take apart further to send to moser.

Also, I find it hard to bring my billets to just any shop to have mounted and balanced, let along somewhere around BR with these prices.

CUB

Jan 2, 2011
Shreveport, LA
Heard that man finding a good painter is hard anywhere.. Need to talk to Peyton and them and see who he uses.. They all live around there.. I wouldn't mind moving down there I want to get outta Shreve bad.

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
Heard that man finding a good painter is hard anywhere.. Need to talk to Peyton and them and see who he uses.. They all live around there.. I wouldn't mind moving down there I want to get outta Shreve bad.

That's who is actually painting my stuff, a good friend of theirs named Logan. Good friends with Peyton and paints all of Cubby's stuff, so in the end that is what made my ultimate decision to go with it. If you do move down this way, I would do it like everyone pretty much on here...none of us live in direct BR, but right outside. Close enough to BR to have everything, but far enough not to deal with the headaches. Use to live in the heart of it when I was at LSU, traffic was an absolute nightmare, but I absolutely love it where I am now.

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
those lights look fuckin awesome. wish GM did that from factory.

Oh I agree. At first I was just going to clear them myself, but I saw somebody else's with the mini retrofit, and I had started asking Phil questions that led to my build with the Full FXR projector install. The video he has of them is what sold me in the end. Cost a pretty penny, but I haven't cheaper out yet on this build, why start now!

fortplainman

official CGM slut
Feb 8, 2012
utica ny
i love HID's but sometimes i get pissed at the reflection on things they have with stock housings. if i had someone around here that i knew that could do it id probably have it done.

on the rear bumper did you take the whole thing off? im asking because where teh 7 round plug is im getting rust bubbles and im gona take the whole bumper off to have that repainted this summer hopefully.

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
i love HID's but sometimes i get pissed at the reflection on things they have with stock housings. if i had someone around here that i knew that could do it id probably have it done.

on the rear bumper did you take the whole thing off? im asking because where teh 7 round plug is im getting rust bubbles and im gona take the whole bumper off to have that repainted this summer hopefully.

No I didn't. What I did was pop the 2 top caps off, the drilled out the 6 rivets per side, then each side has a bolt and a plug. Undue the part of the middle plastic that clips into the chrome piece and that's it. Really isn't too bad. I was reading someone who did take everything off and he had to cut a ring off the middle, drop your spare also, and a couple other things but I don't recall offhand.

If you need me to find it let me know and I'll go look for it again.

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
rims will be mounted and balanced this weekend. Axle has been delayed by a few days however, but should be 100% removed from truck today. Will go to my friend with it in the next day or two. Should have bumpers and radiator guard back today or tomorrow.

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
Something's missing

u7umanu4.jpg

Honestly a pain in the ass to do by yourself, in the end had to call a friend and still took us like 45 mins to get the fkr out!

But will drop it off tomorrow along with some other items.