My 1993 RCSB Build.

Wow this truck looks awesome! Did you have a problem with a check engine light after putting the egr block-off plate on?

have a check engine light on and my mechanic told me it was something with the egr (not sure if its the solonoid or valve or what) figured if the block-off makes the truck run better and theres a way to get rid of the engine light then i may do it!

also whered you get the 140 amp alt? looking for a better alt. before i do a audio system upgrade.
Thanks man again truck looks sick!!

Any new updates man? How's that windshield film holding up?

The film is holding up great so far definitely glad I did it.

I haven't got a whole lot done lately but here is what I have gotten done.

Made out pretty good at the junk yard the other day. Got a new dash that will be smoothed and painted.

IMAG1598-1.jpg

Got all the dash pieces plus some stuff for the ol lady's trailblazer.

IMAG1601-1.jpg

Some new seats I am gonna try out.

IMAG0154.jpg

Denali console w/ Bose amp, sub, and 6 disc changer.

IMAG0152.jpg

got the dash stripped down the rest of the way and cleaned up. Tomorrow after it dries out real good I'm going to going to coat the underside with some rubberized undercoating/bedliner for some additional sound deadening and maybe a little extra strength to prevent any cracks. When I get ready to do the swap and get mine out I am going to go ahead and change out the evaporator core, heater core, and that stupid little fresh air motor that clicks every time the truck turns on or off lol.

IMAG1609.jpg

Some pics of the engine bay after cleaning it up a lil more. I still got a little more wire relocating to do and figure out what to do with my hood release cable.

IMAG1612.jpg

IMAG1613.jpg

Cut down the bracket for the map sensor after removing the egr stuff.

IMAG1619.jpg

New air cleaner and I'm thinking about gettin the matching valve covers once I get the intake powder coated.

IMAG1622.jpg

Wow this truck looks awesome! Did you have a problem with a check engine light after putting the egr block-off plate on?

have a check engine light on and my mechanic told me it was something with the egr (not sure if its the solonoid or valve or what) figured if the block-off makes the truck run better and theres a way to get rid of the engine light then i may do it!

also whered you get the 140 amp alt? looking for a better alt. before i do a audio system upgrade.
Thanks man again truck looks sick!!

Thanks man.

My EGR was already bad and throwing a code so I am still getting the same code but it runs smoother after the block off, kinda weird. Only way to remove the code is to replace the egr or have it tuned out. I got the alt from summit racing.

Its looking good man :shake: def made out good at the junkyard. Wish more NNBS would show up at them around here.

just gonna put this here.

A/c compressor relocation brackets from lsbrackets.com

One more piece of the puzzle. Cleaning and repaint begins tomorrow.

Got the hardbody flexin with all that v8 powa lolz.

Little bit of an update. Got more parts in, Keith came and helped unload the beast out of the hardbody. Now its on my back patio which my ol lady just loves lol, on to the pictures.

extra strong de-greaser

On the stand and test fitting the the headers.

Pulled all the front accessories off and began the cleaning.

Getting rid of that ty gold which had ty orange underneath it.

New GMPP oil pan

Gaskets, paint, and a new summit racing starter.

First fuel rail fitting came in yesterday also.

I have all my fittings for fuel ordered, corvette fuel filter, new MSD plug wires, new NGK plugs, new actuator to stop the clicking in the air box when I turn the key on.

Cammed 5.3 yukon - YouTube

5.3 Cammed yukon acceleration - YouTube

Couple videos of the engine in action before it was pulled out of the guys truck I bought it from.

nice. ever get the interior done?

Hell no. I still have the new dash, door panels, console, and billet kit sitting in storage. I might try to do that this spring if things go well, I got kinda burnt out on it for a while and just threw everything in storage.

Scooped up a 2002 4l60e today, needs rebuilt so now I am researching a good performance overhaul kit and might give it a shot at rebuilding it myself.

Vette filter came in today as well.

Getting closer and closer to being ready to start the swap.

Wiring harness is ordered. Got one coming from ls performance wiring in denton, tx (only have a Facebook page right now). Custom harness long enough to wire tuck and mount pcm behind the glove compartment like factory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk