My 1993 RCSB Build.

Awesome build!
Dang thats a great looking truck, great build thread! Always good to find those junkyard, craigslist finds!!!
Damn that's a lot of improvements! Looks great man.
love a slammed obs, very clean, nice to see it at the meet!
Was good to see this in person. Pictures dont do that tank justice! Color is amazing in person
This. Love the way that tank looks in person :shake:

Thanks guys!

Didn't know you were on here allen , truck looks great

I'm everywhere, like a ninja :sneaky:

Update:

Started working on my new front inner fenders/wheel tubs.

This is kinda what I am going for here.

fenders002.jpg

I want to add some sort of side to it kinda like they did there too.

I have my tandem fender and sheet metal to smooth out the fender sides and cover up all the factory holes.

Heres what I started with minus the overflow. I have a billet overflow on it now.

IMAG0344.jpg

Got the driver side inner fender out on Wednesday after work.

IMAG1287.jpg

IMAG1286.jpg

Did all this yesterday.

New tabs for mounting the battery tray.

IMAG1289.jpg

Cut the brackets off the battery tray.

IMAG1294.jpg

Got the passenger side out and re mounted the battery. Don't worry the tie down is only temporary until I make a battery hold down bar.

IMAG1292.jpg

Under the battery tray. All this was ziptied up and cleaned up a bit after the pic was taken.

IMAG1297.jpg

IMAG1296.jpg

IMAG1299.jpg

I will be notching the fenders tomorrow at work where I can use the plasma cutter.

Arms should be back from powdercoating today too :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Are you going t lwo enough where you'll have to relocate the battery? Looks like it could get in the way if you run a big enough rim and you're laying frame.

I moved the battery a couple inches towards the firewall and raised it a few inches and looks like it should clear my 245/35/20s. My current wheel/tire is what I will be running for a while but if I do upgrade to a bigger wheel or tire I will prob go ahead and relocate the battery into the tool box with my tank.

bye bye stock lowers.

FB_IMG_13402164370972205.jpg

IMAG1347.jpg

IMAG1348.jpg

IMAG1349.jpg

FB_IMG_13402196049259187.jpg

The tires clear the fenders without cutting and lays out in the front now.

IMAG1352.jpg

IMAG1351.jpg

IMAG1353.jpg

IMAG1354.jpg

FB_IMG_13402273121155317.jpg

New master cylinder is on and the ABS is deleted. I ended up not needing the fitting to adapt the lines on the abs delete, the line just screwed right into the proportioning valve.

FB_IMG_13403119496739040.jpg

Got almost all the new brackets and pulleys together from the junk yard. Just need to get a crankshaft pulley, idler, and a alternator then they will go off to powder coat, candy red brackets and silver pulleys/ silver alt housing.

IMAG1433.jpg

Chopped on the fenders some at work with the plasma cutter.

IMAG1424.jpg

IMAG1427.jpg

Definitely ripped my valance off after I got it the fenders cut up lol.

IMAG1431.jpg

IMAG1437.jpg

Random picture.

532075_10150936031848507_1452750900_n.jpg

I saw that yesterday, why you selling it?

Just kinda threw it up to see what kind of offers I got and if someone wanted to give asking price I would prob let it go. I really want a CC dually OBS too lol.

Been getting a little work done.

IMAG1512.jpg

IMAG1513.jpg

IMAG1514.jpg

IMAG1515.jpg

Got one cleaned up and just threw a quick coat of paint on it so it wouldn't rust up again. I might mess with the other one some today after work.

IMAG1526.jpg

Got some new tail lights.

tails.jpg

Got some film put on my windshield. The stuff is made by Sun-Tek and is called CXP80, has 80% light transfer, 44% heat rejection (about the same as most 20% dark tint), and its not very reflective. This stuff is super clear and doesn't even look like anythings on the window but I could tell a difference in how much heat was coming through the windshield. We will see how it does today after sitting in the sun at work all day.

IMAG1516.jpg

The film is on the windshield now.
IMAG1517.jpg

Put a brow back on top of the CXP80.
IMAG1519.jpg

Here's where we cut around the inspection sticker to show how clear this stuff is.
IMAG1521.jpg

Hit a bit of snag while Workin on em the other day. The pass side is too big for my battery to fit back in. I am going to go ahead and relocate the battery back to the tool box. I still have to pull the pass side back out to trim it cause its not sitting level.

IMAG1528.jpg

IMAG1533.jpg

IMAG1534.jpg

What the battery would look like in the tool box .

IMAG1536.jpg

The plan so far is to come off the battery in the tool box with the 4/0 into a ANL fuse holder(unsure on what size fuse to run on this main run?), then up to the engine bay to a 1 in/ 2 out distribution block, from the block one run of 4/0 to the new 140a alt I just ordered, the other 4/0 run will go to the starter, then piggy back off the starter to the truck distribution block on the firewall with some 4awg, does that sound like that should work pretty well?

Should I fuse the starter and alternator runs from the distribution block?

I also ordered some new stainless braided brake lines too. Once I get the new alt and brake lines here I will be taking my spindles, calipers, engine brackets, pulleys, and EDC mount in for candy red metallic and silver powder coating.

beautiful man.i love this truck

Thanks man.

New powdercoated 140a alt came in and some new stainless braided brake lines.

IMAG1561.jpg

Some of the goods for my battery relocation project.

IMAG1559.jpg

Got my primary run of 4/0 made up that will go from the tool box up to the engine bay and modded one of the fuse holders to accept the ginormous 4/0 wire lol.

IMAG1562.jpg

IMAG1565.jpg

Still waiting on a couple more fuse holders, distribution block, and some grommets before I can finish it all up. I also scooped up a set of 6.5" infinity components to go in the doors, ordered a 4awg wiring kit so I can get my 4ch hooked up finally, and ordered some speaker baffles for the 6.5s and for the 4x6s in the rear pillars. Later today when I get off I will finally be dropping off a box of parts to be powder coated.

I haz new pictures.

IMAG1588.jpg

IMAG1591.jpg

IMAG1590.jpg

IMAG1589.jpg

There's a few spots I'm not real happy with on a couple parts but I don't think the spots will be visible once installed, at least I hope anyway. I want to get started but its like 9000* outside right now so eff that.

Got the last of the big parts for the edc just need a couple misc fittings.

IMAG1569.jpg

More fuses, fuse holders, grommets, EGR block off.

IMAG1586.jpg

4ch amp kit and some speaker baffles.
IMAG1587.jpg

Last edited:
IMAG1598.jpg

IMAG1599.jpg

IMAG1600.jpg

IMAG1601.jpg

IMAG1603.jpg

url

Those were already broken which was part of the motivation for doing all this.

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

Went ahead and scooped up a new water pump and hit it with some gloss engine paint.

IMAG0111.jpg

Put on a billet EGR delete plate. Thing runs better then ever now surprisingly.

IMAG0112.jpg

I replaced all the nuts and bolts I could with grade 8 hardware for mounting the brackets.

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

I am gonna try to get the EDC mounted today and do some more engine clean up, re routing of wires, and get some better pictures.

I need to do my intake now.