My 03z-71...still a work in progress

Theres 2 relays in the fuse panel on the side of the dash....try switching those 2 around. My window gave me problems after an alarm instal, it ended up being a plug under the dash. Get under there and unplug everything and plug it back in.

Thanks man that is what i was gonna check next...

9 years and no issues but if i was a ford owner i would know how to fix everything...hehe

How about the 25amp CB for the LT doors in there how would i know if it is bad or not? A meter?

would the LT interior make a diff in the fuse panels? I don't see a relay in that side fuse panel just the 25A CB for the LT DOORS!

metered the CB and it is working

I unplugged the Black square with all thos wires going to the door and no wires were loose and plugged it back in...STILL nothing

Last edited:
all the switches on the driver door works fine except the driver side window (switch/window)... Passanger side is fine too

I haven't been able to work on it mutch, but i took out the 25A CB and checked it with the meter. I also pulled out the square black piece that is the relay that you were talking about right?

The one labeled LEFT DOOR/12 way/BLACK? If so that is the one I pulled out and checked!

The one that says BODY/12 WAY/BROWN isn't even one in that spot!
2012-08-11084403.jpg

Last edited:
Swap the switch, or your regulator motor could be bad, are you getting power to the switch? It takes like 2 minutes to take the door panel off. This truck has always been one of my favorites ever since I started le forums :patriot:.

Last edited:
Yeah I know they are easy to remove just haven't had time. I will check the switches it might be Friday when I get time. If they are then it is the regulator then?

Last edited:
Don't just pry up on the switch there is a 7mm screw on the front, don't ask me how I know this :lol:. I've taken my 4wd switches apart and cleaned them and they started working again. I'd try to find a buddy with an 03'-07 classic gm and hook up their window switch and see if it makes a difference. I was looking at a switch out of a Yukon XL denali and the plugs and prongs looked the same as mine, but I have power fold mirrors too.

Have you unplugged the switch from the harness and tried to jump the connection to see if the window rolls down?

You should have a live wire, a ground, a dead wire (goes to window motor) and another power wire thats your illumination. Try to get the window to roll down that way...if it doesnt, then its something in your window motor

^I was thinking of that too, just make sure you get it right, replacing regulators can be a pain and expensive :imo.

The actual cable in my driver side regulator rusted and snapped 2 months ago. It WAS a pain in the ass, but not that expensive cause I got an eBay one with no motor since mine was still fine

sent from my HTC Rezound

Yeah I am glad you guys know so much about it! I HATE to say it but I am prolly gonna have to wait untill after the beach trip to fix it probably.

Yeah on Friday I will have to take the door off to see what I can find out. Then see what I can do with the switch

Fit all that in with a pre beach trip wash

Swap the switch, or your regulator motor could be bad, are you getting power to the switch? It takes like 2 minutes to take the door panel off. This truck has always been one of my favorites ever since I started le forums :patriot:.

Sorry I missed your complement!

Do you think my dads 99 switch will work for me to try?
If i take my door panel off and hold my dads door panel up to it to try it out

Dangit!

If I take my door of and bring it inside can I use a meter to SEE if it is working properly? I am gonna do that before work in the morning if so...

A few before pics with it fully loaded in beach mode!

ALSO that is my b in-laws all black jeep...

P8180034.jpg

P8180037.jpg

P8180039.jpg

P8180040.jpg

P8180035.jpg