Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Figured this would be good idea since there are so many out is therelets hear your first hand experience with certain tires.
Give truck specs and tire specs, miles driven etc....

I am running 285/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs on my 2004 1500 4wd crew cab, they did decent on packed snow and ice but where better in deeper snow, hold preety tight in soupy mud also. On the road they are a little noisy but not bad, about the same as trail grapplers. In the rain they have done fine so far but not as good as my AT/S did. I have about 3000 miles on them and they don't show any wear and they have kept balance great.

welsh907

Rehabilitated Member
Apr 3, 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
Truck:
2010 mega cab 3500

Tire:
Toyo open country mt
35x12.5x20

Tires were put on this truck with 48 miles on it. 30,000 miles later the tires are still in great shape, wore evenly being rotated every summer. They have very little road noise, but can get you out of some sticky situations with the sidewall they carry. Can't say how they do on ice, probably shitty, but they get through snow pretty well, the deeper the better.

Hankook Dynapro MT's

295/70/16 load range E

The tire itself is heavy, but it also is a load range E so its a 10ply tire. They worked great in the snow and mud. I got around 35k out of the set and im finally going to replace them this winter.

Mickey Thompson Baja Claws

305/70/16

Love this tire, Looks baddass, works great in almost all weather, i go through shit in 2wd that other people cant in 4wd. When i wear this set out, im going to replace them with another set. They are fairly quiet compared to some of my worn out tires i have had.

Jordan

OG CGM Member
Jan 25, 2011
Old Town, ME
2009 GMC Sierra SLT ECSB

Tire: 295/55/20 Nitto Trail Grappler on 20" Tahoe LTZs

I loved these tires. They had ~20k miles on them when I got rid of the truck and had at least 5/8 of the tread left. I rotated them once during that time and had zero issues with cupping and/or uneven wear. Did great in the mud and cleaned out very well. They were great in deep snow but weren't the best on hard packed snow and/or ice (like any mud terrain). Decently quiet (about the same as a Toyo M/T noise wise) but don't expect them to be as quiet as an A/T type tire. They didn't seem to get much louder as they wore, but I didn't get to hear them toward the end of their life either. 295/55/20 is a PERFECT size for a leveled NNBS or NBS truck on a stock or 10" or less wide wheel, I commend Nitto for making that particular size.

Here they are after about 15k miles:

Last edited:

Country_09

Jun 12, 2012
Mont Belvieu
33x12.5x20 toyo mt

great tire when I had em and was leveled. Didn't like the fact that they measure out to 32" while on my x9s but oh well. Did pretty good in the mud, cleaned out well and weren't loud at all. In between the tread started to crack on me after about a year of having them. Overall great tire, traded them with about 50% for the 35x12.5 mud graps I have now

35x12.5x20 mud graps

Loudest fuckin tire in this god for saken universe. They ride better than expected until you let your truck idle down the road at 5 mph. Don't do bad in the mud, throw shit everywhere that's for sure. traded the 50% 33" toyos for these with 75% tread with a full tread spare straight up so it was a no brainer. Wont be gettin them again just for the loud factor, it gets fkn annoyin

No1Limit

Nov 29, 2012
Maine
33x12.50r18
Atturo Trail Blades
- Insane sidewall
- Amazing in mud rocks and sand
- Have about 250 miles on them so Ill update as they rake up more
- Not too loud, stereo will over power the noise
- Oh, and it throws shit EVERYWHERE which is awesome in my case

Last edited:

fortplainman

official CGM slut
Feb 8, 2012
utica ny
between these two setups ive got 35k on them both(dont mark when i take off one and put the other on)

35x12.5 BFG KM1's

they work fine, little loosy goosy on the road when it rains and is greasy, but were fine, had it in snow once and dug good. wear on the sidewall is a bit much from city driving turning lock to lock to park in spaces.

35x12.5 BFG KO's

work well, quiet, wear is a bit off from narrow wheels, but other than they get packed with snow and lose traction they are fine.

i wanted goodyear duratracs for winter anyway but they were sold out. plow guy loves them a shitload more than the general/bfg KO or the hankooks.

Bootstrap

:nosewhat:
Feb 8, 2012
OKC
31“ federal couragia
Soft, not too loud, great in mud
35x12.50x20 trail grapplers
Harder, good in mud, kinda loud, terrible in water/puddles. Hydroplane like crazy
37x13.50x20 Toyo mt
Awesome in everything but ice. Don't Hydroplane, balance well ride smooth, quiet

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Tiki

Jan 23, 2011
STT's, pry last 45-50K. Great traction, will buy again.

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Buddies Cummins did good in the snow with them but its is also right at 8000 pounds with a full tank of fuel so I think slicks would be find in snow on that thing lol.