RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014
Awhile ago I installed pacesetter LT headers and right after I had a misfire issue and replaced the sparks and wires, then my headers burned through the wires so I replaced those again and put heat sleeves over them, and tonight my truck started another misfire issue. as far as I could tell none of the wires are burned through. So my question is since all im running is LT headers and the Y-pipe is that burning my spark plugs up ? last time I took them out they were all burned up and they weren't very old.

I don't know too much about performance type things so lack of knowledge bashful comments and negative comments on running pretty much straight headers are expected but any input is appreciated and sorry for the novel and lack of pictures. :emo:

RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014
I would say carbon fouled is probably what they were, I found this this morning and have work so I didn't wanna pull the plugs but replacing the wires solved the misfire, I still want to check my spark plugs though.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Yeah I'd wrap your headers and run spark plug sleeves asap to keep that from happening again.

RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014
last time this happened I had no spark wire sleeves but this time it lasted way longer but they had sleeves around them

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

headers came off of my friends 05 sierra with a 5,3 and he had none of these burning issues

Samuel6731

Cant Get Right
Mar 11, 2012
New Roads La.
Also note.

Just because you cant physically see a burn mark on the plug doesnt mean they arent damaged from excess heat internally. I had that happen to me.

DEI makes carbon fiber plug boot insulators. They are cheap. Id use them and also sort twist the plug wire in either way thatll keep it away and off the header then plug into the coil while its twisted a couple times.

RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014
have some gears that I need to get installed and I don't want to get my tune done before I get those in , thanks for the info guys !

Cheeny23

Resident Wop
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Bakersfield
MSD superconductor wires will solve your problem. The boots are longer and bendable to keep the wires off the header, I have had them for 2.5yrs and have never burned through a wire, they look 40x better than wrap too.

i have the same ones. the wires go straight out away from the block the way i have them positioned. would recommend

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
I think GTO or G8 stock wires will work, or MSD

I bought a box of one of the above as a bandaid until my MSD came in. Fuck all the guys who say msd sucks, there's no performance, they are overpriced yadda yadda yadda. I bought them because they work for what I needed, and I paid $40.