Important!: Ming Ming's 2016 Tacoma build thread

why would I put tires on it with no lift?

Lift goes on next weekend. Kit was ordered yesterday

Just bustin balls lol. What did you did for lift again? I really really like these new tacomas. I priced out a TRD sport the other day love that quicksand color but for 36k it's steep when you can get into a double cab elevation gmc for about the same.

live from the gutter trash.

I can't say it's worth it over a full size, unless you just don't want one. I wouldnt buy a tacoma over a full size!

Stage 3 Icon with tubular UCA

haven't decided on tires

BFG K02
Cooper ST MAXX
?
?
?

I want an aggressive looking A/T, but something a tad light so mpg isn't too bad. Before the dumb "gotta pay to play" comments, I think my car speaks in my honor of knowing this...but I spent a long time getting her to mod a car. I can't ruin her right off the bat. The lift will put her back a couple mpg, and the tires, so I want something in the middle. No M/T, no basic A/T. I hear BFG runs heavier than most?

I can't say it's worth it over a full size, unless you just don't want one. I wouldnt buy a tacoma over a full size!

Stage 3 Icon with tubular UCA

haven't decided on tires

BFG K02
Cooper ST MAXX
?
?
?

I want an aggressive looking A/T, but something a tad light so mpg isn't too bad. Before the dumb "gotta pay to play" comments, I think my car speaks in my honor of knowing this...but I spent a long time getting her to mod a car. I can't ruin her right off the bat. The lift will put her back a couple mpg, and the tires, so I want something in the middle. No M/T, no basic A/T. I hear BFG runs heavier than most?

My 285/70/17 Toyo at 2s are less that 60lbs a piece check that under 50lbs a piece.

Last edited:
They were pretty close in price, just a few bucks different, main problem is I can not find a 275/70R17 in the Cooper, I don't really want 285

P287/70/17 Toyo at2. 65k mileage warranty. 10mm bigger than the size you want. 48 pounds and $179 a tire. Nuff said

I loved my AT2s. Honestly only reason I went to STTMAXX is AT2 didn't come in 315/70/17

I've really liked all the tires I've bought until I had these and these shit on all of them. Never going back to LT or E load tires unless I ever get a 3/4 or 1 ton truck. That's why I posted these up for Jared because the P metric ride great and they are light. They woke up the mini mouse 4.8 after the heavy ass trail graps and I'm sure they would help any smaller engine like Ming mings Tacoma. Help lessen the sting of putting larger tires on. Talk about having ur cake and eating it too. Big tire look with stock like drive ability. Win baby win

Lol come to SC. 9 out of 10 tacomas here have a 3" level and 295s. We ain't about that fu-fu lame shit.

Sent from my SM-G920V